No announcement yet.

1jz vs. Sr20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the LS1? You can get stock ones for a reasonable price, it would be easy to find one in Georgia where the OP is from. Throw a T56 behind it. Other than some headers to clear things you won't even have to mod the engine. If I ever bastardized an E30/E28/E24 that would be the way to go.

Comment

Why hasn't anyone mentioned S70 swap?

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

Why hasn't anyone suggested a Detroit Diesel 24V71? That'd be awesome.
        Last edited by OniKyan; 06-19-2012, 01:39 PM. Reason: Typographical error.
        M20B23 Euro 323i - The Legend Of Ron Burgundrot

Comment

^
          I see yout detroit diesal and raise you a

Ford Powerstroke 6.7 400hp/1085nm stock
          sigpic

Comment

Well this got out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb23ft View Post
              Well this got out of hand.
              Thats what she said.
              -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

N20 swap

/thread
                ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
                Originally posted by blunttech
                I need you to exfoliate my ballsack
                Build Thread?

Comment

What are the engine management options for the S70/2 swap vs the regular S70...I was considering this swap for my pontoon. Boat.

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                    Thats what she said.

Just saw this today, pretty fitting I thought:

Jalopnik article here: http://jalopnik.com/5892485/hear-the...rliest-bmw-e30

Comment

B16 Swap!

Has anyone lived with an SR20DET swap around here?

Comment

Originally posted by stamar View Post
                        no actually the op said sr20 not turbo , several times.

not an sr20 det which I posted in question, or a sr20vet is very expensive, from the nissan gt( fast and the furious i have a feeling you watch it a lot) it wasnt available in us made cars.

none of your facts are straight or relevant to this thread.

a b27 is i believe in stock form 100/170 so its stronger in stock form already so it would be a downgrade.
                        Has google told you something different? Share it with everyone. In stock form a sr20 cannot compete with a b27, much older engine. in top speed it could it has more hp.

The engine in a sentra isnt even a sr20 it is a sr20ve, sr20 is sometihng from the early mid 90s for the most part.
                        Yes I owned a car with one, thats why I have it all straight. I even wrote out all the engine initials. As a matter of fact I drove an sr20 for several years and I drive a e30 now, Ive driven a b27 too so I know first hand its a downgrade. I drove an infiniti g20 which weighs about the same as an e30, I pretty much have a extremely good idea of what an e30 with an sr20 would drive like would you like to take any notes?

Go ahead and look at google a few minutes before you post flaming wetodd.

Read with comprehension, and be positive you have something to add. Everyone just read your whole post, and it exactly copies the facts in mine.
                        You got so excited to post something you forgot you had nothing to add!

Dont post in the car forum unless you have something to share. The whole extent of your post is that the m20 is unreliable perhaps or that vanos kicks ass. But neither of those opinions are related with any coherent facts and they dont really matter much either way. neither engine has vanos vvti so I pointed them out as equal. Basically skip it.

the most relevant thing I got is that the m20 has timing belts and the sr20 does not. A valid plus minus. But actually, I dont think you know whether or not the sr20 has a timing belt or you dont know how to write a sentence describing it.
                        Do way more work man or just read please. Thanks. You even took the time to put my post in quotes, yet your response was so vapid and worthless. just a bad flame with no facts or education. You did not even describe anything to the op about any of the engine swaps involved. I dont believe you actually know anything about the cars and engines.

And google is extremely important. I dont even want to read a post in a car forum from someone who doesnt check their facts with google. I wish there was a flag, and then Id just skip it. Like Id see yours:" this post has no relevant facts just copies other posts and flames."
                        i have a fascinating aside that google has a beta reader program that can look at an entire page like this and verify which facts are bs. Im down with that thats an end to bs once and for all.

probably a lot more silence in bsing threads like this.
                        you sound high as fuck. b13 sentra se-r came with a sr20de and base model with ga16de so i don't know what you're talking about. low port sr20de do will with bolts on and a b13 se-r will eat an eta all day. The last sr20de that was produced in the US was in the 2002 sentra se. sentra never came with sr20ve, only other countries had it such as japan for example.
                        Last edited by mr.vang; 05-22-2012, 01:28 AM.
                        Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Neither, they're both for waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless.
                          They call me the frog

- E30 Alpina C2 2.7
                          - E30 Alpina C2 2.5
                          - E28 M 528I 3.5 (300HP)
                          - E36 M3 S50 3.2 (Euro)

Comment

13b-rew

rotary.

do it.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

M30? Very reliable, lots of torque and cheap. In Africa they had a m30 powered e30 as an option.

Swap in a

Comment

I have a sr20det swapped e30. If I had to do it again it would be 1jz or 13b.

Comment

Working...
                                X