General Motors Is Headed For Bankruptcy -- Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Motors Is Headed For Bankruptcy -- Again

President Obama is proud of his bailout of General Motors. That’s good, because, if he wins a second term, he is probably going to have to bail GM out again.

Disagree......go!
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Shirly all dem Volts must be makin money?

PS didn't read it/carnt be bothered.
    sigpic

Comment

already posed in the GM thread :)
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
        already posed in the GM thread :)

Well done. Figured someone was already onto this one.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Scary part is this is the direction our whole country is going. We need a truly free market so we can grow and strengthen our economy. Big government is strangling economic growth.

Comment

I want GM to die. Hopefully Cadillac gets out though. The Cts-V wagon is the shit.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
              I want GM to die. Hopefully Cadillac gets out though. The Cts-V wagon is the shit.
              Yep, it will be really nice to see all the workers out of a job. If GM dies, Cadillac will go with them.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Gm Brand is still too big, too much product over lap, and creativity is chopped at knees still. The same problems they had pre bailout. Republicans will blame
                Uaw for being the root cause, democrats will blame management.
                1985 BMW 325e
                1997 BMW M3/4/5
                2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

GM going out of business would be horrible for this country. They need to get some people in there that know some shit about making a decent car. Time to call in the germans

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
                    GM going out of business would be horrible for this country. They need to get some people in there that know some shit about making a decent car. Time to call in the germans
                    Yeah that worked out well for Chrysler. The main reason GM is doing poorly is because they build a lot of ugly cars. Hyundai is a good example of how to sell a cheap car. Make it pretty and it could run on hamster wheel power and the public will still buy it. GM styling is way too conservative. Honda and Toyota are following suit and I wouldn't be surprised if their sales suffer as a result.
                    sigpic

Comment

They need to change their image. Most people know American cars for having crap fuel economy and crap interiors. And they aren't known for reliability either.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                        You obviously have no idea what that would actually do. Statements like that piss me the fuck off. Our country cannot afford to lose one of the big guys.

It's a catch 22. We need free trade to strengthen our country's economy, to diversify and increase foreign relations, but at the same time it allows for foreign companies to come in with cheaper subpar products for our throw away society. Meanwhile the American brands can't compete with them financially, thus making them outsource for cheaper labor and create a lower quality product.

The problem isn't strictly an automotive industry issue, it can be seen from Maine to California in a wide verity of shapes and sizes. Our country is in trouble if we continue down the path we're on.
                        sigpic

Comment

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
                            You obviously have no idea what that would actually do. Statements like that piss me the fuck off. Our country cannot afford to lose one of the big guys.

It's a catch 22. We need free trade to strengthen our country's economy, to diversify and increase foreign relations, but at the same time it allows for foreign companies to come in with cheaper subpar products for our throw away society. Meanwhile the American brands can't compete with them financially, thus making them outsource for cheaper labor and create a lower quality product.

The problem isn't strictly an automotive industry issue, it can be seen from Maine to California in a wide verity of shapes and sizes. Our country is in trouble if we continue down the path we're on.

This
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              This
                              I thought you were pro free trade and less trade regulation and restriction. So whats the solution?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X