School me on obamacare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on obamacare

As far as I can tell it is what he most proud of in his first term. This Is what I have read about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient...dable_Care_Act

1. cbo just estimated the cost doubled, from 985 billion to 1.85 trillion
    2. there is an unelected panel of 15 that will determine who gets covered and what procedures you're eligible for. i.e. if you're past 70, forget about things like hip replacements
    3. if you're young, you're premiums are going to skyrocket because discrimination is outlawed because of age. older people pay less, younger more, even tho something close to 80% of healthcare goes to older people
    4. it takes your freedom away
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

You can read the main bullet points or the entire law here. Or you can get your information from what other people tell you to think. That's what most people do here.
      sigpic

Comment

it takes you'rf reedom aay it 'takes you'fre freesom away it' takes your feesdom awAZy

tha'ts wall you nmedd to know.,
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Basically everyone that works has to pay more so poor lazy people without insurance can get it for free.

And if you don't have insurance you have to pay a fine. Unless of course you're below a certain income level. That really encourages people to do well and contribute for society.

So someone like me that has no insurance but actually pays for doctor, dentist, whatever visits and pays out of my pocket will have to pay a fine for having no insurance. I don't make a lot of money but I live responsibly and within my means. But I will have to pay that penalty since I make more than that max income level (I forget what it is but it's really low)
          Why should people like me be penalized? I'm paying what I owe. Why should I have to pay for someone else?
          Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Edit: ^ that

If you thought health care was expensive before 0 care..... just wait till "its free"and this obamanation of legslation is in full effect
            Last edited by mrsleeve; 08-28-2012, 06:09 AM.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
              Basically everyone that works has to pay more so poor lazy people without insurance can get it for free.

That's how it is these days. Even my ex gf's pretty liberal parents hate Obamacare.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

The big issue is, like the Iraq war, it was sold on a bed of bull. They said this would eliminate the uninsured, well now HHS and CBO agree that its only going to reduce the uninsured by less than 40%. Then they claimed it would reduce the deficit. Well now, given optimistic estimates by the CBO, its going to reduce it less than $200bil on a decade. However, that is again based on optimistic estimation of revenue and expenses, the CBO admits that it may have no positive impact on the deficit.

And the BIG selling point was that it was going to impact the cost curve of healthcare spending. That we had an inefficient system that was just getting more expensive and the ACA would solve that. Well now they are admitting that it wont do anything.

They had do do this because if they had said, "Listen, we are going to raise everyone's premiums 13%, increase the deficit, it wont stop costs going up and it will only reduce the (effectively voluntarily) uninsured by half" then more than 34 House dems and a few Senate dems would have voted against it.
                Im now E30less.
                sigpic

Comment

Reading the wiki is going to be far more informative than reading to the opinions posted here.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

5. it was rammed down the publics throats by abusing the legislative process
                    6. it had to be approved to see what was in it
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

7. like every other government run program, it will cost more and do less than promised
                      8. it's passage was the fullfillment a demcrat wetdream going back to FDR
                      9. it will guarantee fewer doctors more patients, meaning longer waits, lower quality service
                      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I also hear it's unconstitutional, contrary to Judeo-Christian principles and borderline communist. The founder fathers would be displeased.

Comment

10. it rapes babies and sodomizes your grandpa. While making you watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                            it takes you'rf reedom aay it 'takes you'fre freesom away it' takes your feesdom awAZy

tha'ts wall you nmedd to know.,
                            Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                            Reading the wiki is going to be far more informative than reading to the opinions posted here.
                            Originally posted by cale View Post
                            I also hear it's unconstitutional, contrary to Judeo-Christian principles and borderline communist. The founder fathers would be displeased.
                            Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                            10. it rapes babies and sodomizes your grandpa. While making you watch.

Why can't you guys just admit that it dramatically underestimated the cost and by the CBO's own account won't cover nearly as many people as promised.

Ryan Stewart has it right.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Oh I'm not denying that, no law ever drafted has ended up costing exactly what was estimated. I'm just poking fun at the doomsdayers in their shiny hats :)

Comment

Working...
                              X