School me on obamacare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    Oh I'm not denying that, no law ever drafted has ended up costing exactly what was estimated. I'm just poking fun at the doomsdayers in their shiny hats :)
    Yes, but being off by 10-20 or even 30% is way different than 100%+

Go back and look what the Dems said Medicare would cost with future projections, I think it approached an order of magnitude once it went out 20+ years of how far off they were.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I found this link pretty simple to understand:

1985 BMW 325e
      1997 BMW M3/4/5
      2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
        Basically everyone that works has to pay more so poor lazy people without insurance can get it for free.
        This perspective is so damn frustrating to me. The notion that the only people without insurance are those too lazy to work is utterly absurd and disconnected from reality. This is what Obamacare is aiming to fix, and while it isn't perfect it is most certainly better than our current, broken-as-shit system.

I honestly can't tell if gwb72tii is trolling or not.

Comment

Only in this country can we argue till were blue in the face about pennies on the dollar about our health care laws; we literally have people who are ok with the insurance companies telling you "fuck you" and people going bankrupt over it and then dying.

For every single case of people abusing the system, I would be fine with half that number of other people who need obama care living and continuing to be productive members of society.

Those same people support the wars to bring "freedom" and support christian 'MERICA values even though those wars have just about bankrupted us.

All the medicare,medicade,federal funding for state programs, and obama care don't even touch the money we owe and spend on military, so we can continue to be the world police and bring "freedom" to other countries.

Ignorance is bliss.
          1985 BMW 325e
          1997 BMW M3/4/5

Comment

Lot's of assumptions.

I don't think anyone arguing against Obamacare likes the current system. I don't, I think it's fucked. But Obamacare didn't help with the core issues, see Stewart's post earlier.

I'm no gun toting, bible thumping hick just because I don't support Obamacare.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
              1. cbo just estimated the cost doubled, from 985 billion to 1.85 trillion
              2. there is an unelected panel of 15 that will determine who gets covered and what procedures you're eligible for. i.e. if you're past 70, forget about things like hip replacements
              3. if you're young, you're premiums are going to skyrocket because discrimination is outlawed because of age. older people pay less, younger more, even tho something close to 80% of healthcare goes to older people
              4. it takes your freedom away
              Perfectly said. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                Lot's of assumptions.

I don't think anyone arguing against Obamacare likes the current system. I don't, I think it's fucked. But Obamacare didn't help with the core issues, see Stewart's post earlier.

I'm no gun toting, bible thumping hick just because I don't support Obamacare.
                That is fair, what do you suggest. Current system isn't working.
                1985 BMW 325e
                1997 BMW M3/4/5

Comment

^

We have had this talk

Last edited by mrsleeve; 08-28-2012, 07:55 PM.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Cliche Guevara View Post
                    This perspective is so damn frustrating to me. The notion that the only people without insurance are those too lazy to work is utterly absurd and disconnected from reality. This is what Obamacare is aiming to fix, and while it isn't perfect it is most certainly better than our current, broken-as-shit system.

I honestly can't tell if gwb72tii is trolling or not.
                    no. i'm not trolling
                    everything i posted is fact, like it or not
                    and like it or not, sarah palin's description of the 15 unelected as a death panel is spot on. they will make life and death decisions for all of us and will limit healthcare for the elderly to control costs. so ask yourself cliche, after paying into the system all your life, and years from now you happen to be 85 yrs old, you're physically fit except for a bad heart valve, and the government healthcare system refuses to cover it. the death panel does a cost benefit analysis and you lose. welcome to obamacare.

and IMHO obamacare has nothing to do with healthcare. its aim is purely political. obama is no white (black) knight with a pure heart. it was/is all about his legacy within the democrat party and his place in history. he was able to do something no other democrat had ever done. and its aim was to perpetually guarantee another voting bloc for the democrats, those that get healthcare for free. one more handout from the government that enslaves more voters into perpetual dependence.
                    Last edited by gwb72tii; 08-28-2012, 09:26 PM.
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Don't see solutions. Only more political pandering, name calling, and plenty of complaining.
                      1985 BMW 325e
                      1997 BMW M3/4/5

Comment

no. i'm not trolling
                        everything i posted is fact, like it or not
                        and like it or not, sarah palin's description of the 15 unelected as a death panel is spot on. they will make life and death decisions for all of us and will limit healthcare for the elderly to control costs. so ask yourself cliche, after paying into the system all your life, and years from now you happen to be 85 yrs old, you're physically fit except for a bad heart valve, and the government healthcare system refuses to cover it. the death panel does a cost benefit analysis and you lose. welcome to obamacare.
                        It's funny because this sounds exactly like what insurance companies have been DOING FOR YEARS. In fact, under Obamacare, there is now no lifetime limit and people cannot be denied for preexisting conditions. So what you are saying is entirely wrong.
                        Last edited by LBJefferies; 08-28-2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

and IMHO obamacare has nothing to do with healthcare. its aim is purely political. obama is no white (black) knight with a pure heart. it was/is all about his legacy within the democrat party and his place in history. he was able to do something no other democrat had ever done. and its aim was to perpetually guarantee another voting bloc for the democrats, those that get healthcare for free. one more handout from the government that enslaves more voters into perpetual dependence.
                          You mean folks like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinepig View Post
                            You mean folks like this?

What does this have to do with anything? The stupid bitch on the right seems like your typical lefty.

"But...but...she has a BMW, so she doesn't need all that money."

What a complete waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.
                            Last edited by LBJefferies; 08-28-2012, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Hammer meet nail.
                              Last edited by Pinepig; 08-29-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

4. it takes your freedom away
                                What freedom does it take away? Please be specific.

Obamacare extended my insurance through my parents until I was 26. I got cancer, and the only reason I'm still here is because I was insured and was able to get top flight care. Obamacare literally saved my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X