Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canadian gun control

a reminder of the power of police, and an instance where they've run amok-

HIGH RIVER — RCMP revealed Thursday that officers have seized a “substantial amount” of firearms from homes in the evacuated town of High River.
    “We just want to make sure that all of those things are in a spot that we control, simply because of what they are,” said Sgt. Brian Topham.

and then-

About 30 RCMP officers set up a blockade at the checkpoint, preventing 50 residents from walking into the town. Dozens more police cars, lights on, could be seen lining streets in the town on standby.
    Officers laid down a spike belt to stop anyone from attempting to drive past the blockade. That action sent the crowd of residents into a rage

and last but not least-

Sgt. Topham said he didn’t know when residents would be allowed to return to their homes. “People much higher up are going to make those decisions,” he said.
    He did confirm that officer relied on forced entry to get into numerous houses during the early stages of the flood because of an “urgent need”, said Topham.
    Police are no longer forcing themselves into homes and the residences that were forced open will be secured, he said.

maniac is right- we have no chance against the apparatus of the state.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Hell+Re...#ixzz2XinGgq8F

Same thing happened here in the US during Katrina, why would you not think it would happen where people dont have any rights to own and have firearms ???
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

I can just see the local police using their Bearcat procured with DHS funds to pull gunsafes off their mounts, right out the side of the house, and down the street, just to get them to a "spot that they control".

Comment

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

As a (former) Canadian firearm owner( all lost in a post registry boating accident in a deep mountain lake) nothing here surprises me.
          Alberta would under duress be the most likley Canadian province to bear arms in what they may take as an injustice or heavy handed government action.
          Especially in light of the natural catastrophe.

Good to know that all gun ownership records were destroyed with the end of the registry...lol

Unless high river has a ton of restricted firearms ownership I would say someone still has the info from the long gun registry.
          Originally Posted by ACMF74
          i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            where people dont have any rights to own and have firearms ???
            wut
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

^

Key word there is RIGHT not a privilege. You guys have the privilege of owning firearms in Americas hat there is a BIG difference between the those 2 things. You have to pay a annual few to and get a licenses to own them. That is not a RIGHT, you dont have to pay fees to partake in a right...............

William Pitt-

Comment

I thought you were saying that it was illegal to own firearms... I see the difference there, Although there is no annual fee, and the unrestricted license is a goofy half day safety course to renew your license every ~5 years. Can't remember if the restricted license is more frequent or not.

Still fucked up, but I've come to expect this shit from that side of the country.
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Pac1373 View Post
                  Good to know that all gun ownership records were destroyed with the end of the registry...lol

Unless high river has a ton of restricted firearms ownership I would say someone still has the info from the long gun registry.
                  It's not surprising they kept some records, what is surprising is how quickly those records can be accessed by law enforcement.

Maybe gun owners should have to drop their guns off at the RCMP every time they leave the house for groceries as well. After all, there could be a break-in!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    Same thing happened here in the US during Katrina, why would you not think it would happen where people dont have any rights to own and have firearms ???
                    well, actually i did not know L.E. forced entry to confiscate weapons after Katrina. but i guess that doesn't surprise me, all things considered.

the shocking thing for me was that the Mounties did it- you know, Dudley Dooright and all.

Comment

Off topic a little bit but...
                      Did the police force really break and enter homes to confiscate legally owned guns during katrina? That seems completely wrong both legally and morally, especially being that it sets up a likely scenario for either party to get shot.
                      Anyone have a link for this?
                      Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

City officials have agreed to return hundreds of firearms that police officers confiscated in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, part of a deal to resolve a lawsuit filed by gun lobbying groups.

The video you will see on this web site is horrifying. The crimes committed against law-abiding gun owners are beyond comprehension. The arrogance of anti-gu...

couple of quick ones

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                        X