I need opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need opinions

I am parting my 89ix manual 4 door that is more rust than car. That I mainly bought for the manual swap. I now have some parts that I want to trade or sell but I don't know what a fair market value is. I have done some research and most price say sold or they seem ridiculously over priced. I don't want to screw anyone over and I don't want to be screwed over. But these are good parts that I could not just let go to the junk yard.

All parts rated out of 10

Door cards all four, including pulls - 8

rear ix diff 3.91s, it is tight no leaks or noises, but it has a lot of surface rust - 7

2 ix front strut housings, they are rusty but no holes through them. Struts were removed and gland nut threads are good - 7

Automatic ix transmission and transfer case, it passed the jack test, I have video - 8

ix brake booster and master cylinder - 8

ix side skirts and fender flares a minor marred spot on the one side skirt but not very deep, easily repaired when prepping for paint - 7

I also have a 3.73s diff. that is tight no noise, needs a new cover gasket and it is a little rusty - 8

I am judging the parts harshly because of the rust. And a 10 would be brand new.

There is a shop about a hour away that does trades, I just want to know what my bartering value would be versus out right sale.
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

if the TC passed the jack test, I'd keep it as a spare. it's pretty trivial to swap internals, the only real difference between an auto and manual case is the front half that bolts to the transmission.

normally I'd junk an auto trans but if it shifted fine you can probably find a buyer since it's ix specific.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Good to know, thanks Nando.
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Working...
      X