C6 Z06 vs 997 Carrera S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gte175x View Post
    I hear ya man - first world problems you know...I wish you could get both. I'm just sorry you have to choose. Good luck - my prayers are with you.
    LoL
    1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
    2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
    2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

I've owned and sold a new C7 stingray. Bought it as a daily and had my fun. It had everything, but as mentioned earlier, I grew tired of it. It was fast enough but not balls fast. Something to consider, even though you still have a daily, only having two seats really limits what you can do with it. Say you have to meet up with someone or pick up something. You'll end up going back for another car.

A 911 is a 911 is a 911... Always been on my list of cars to own! ;) personally I'd try and grab a 97 S, or even cheaper a Turbo 996.

Plus think about resale, as a toy is often sold quickly once a new toy is sparkling in our mind. Porches is always on the climb, and vettes are abundant. Good luck!
      F80 M3 Alpine
      E10 Fjord Blue 2002
      E28 Blackish 535i
      E21 Silver 320i
      Disco1 98 4.6
      ~~~~~~
      E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
      E30 325i SOLD
      E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
      E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
        I've owned and sold a new C7 stingray. Bought it as a daily and had my fun. It had everything, but as mentioned earlier, I grew tired of it. It was fast enough but not balls fast. Something to consider, even though you still have a daily, only having two seats really limits what you can do with it. Say you have to meet up with someone or pick up something. You'll end up going back for another car.

A 911 is a 911 is a 911... Always been on my list of cars to own! ;) personally I'd try and grab a 97 S, or even cheaper a Turbo 996.

Plus think about resale, as a toy is often sold quickly once a new toy is sparkling in our mind. Porches is always on the climb, and vettes are abundant. Good luck!
        On the contrary, 996's have been going down down down, but eventually they will hit bottom and climb. A 996 Turbo is a lot of car for the money right now.
        Instagram
        sigpic
        Current: 99 M3
        Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
          On the contrary, 996's have been going down down down, but eventually they will hit bottom and climb. A 996 Turbo is a lot of car for the money right now.
          I guess it's what area you live in, the 996 is already on the climb in the PNW. And the better value is the 997 at the moment As they are trending down. But we have a large race community and club that eats up the good ones.

Two years ago was the perfect time to pick up a 996 turbo as they hit mid 30's. Now they're around high 40's at least locally. But personally I have my eye on an 996S if I can snatch one for mid teens.
          F80 M3 Alpine
          E10 Fjord Blue 2002
          E28 Blackish 535i
          E21 Silver 320i
          Disco1 98 4.6
          ~~~~~~
          E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
          E30 325i SOLD
          E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
          E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
            I guess it's what area you live in, the 996 is already on the climb in the PNW. And the better value is the 997 at the moment As they are trending down. But we have a large race community and club that eats up the good ones.

Two years ago was the perfect time to pick up a 996 turbo as they hit mid 30's. Now they're around high 40's at least locally. But personally I have my eye on an 996S if I can snatch one for mid teens.
            Yeah, must be the location. Not an S, but here is one local to me for $16.5k

Hope you find one! They are great cars, my dad has had an 02 C4 Cabriolet for 7 or 8 years now and it's been super reliable.
            Instagram
            sigpic
            Current: 99 M3
            Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Buy off Ryan Castros M3 :)

Comment

If I had 40k to buy a pure sports car, I would buy a 996 turbo.
                1990 Alpine 325is
                1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

From those two options, I would choose the corvette. Never really cared for Porsches.

With that budget though, there are quite a few other cars I would be looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                    People love to hate on Vette's, but they are purpose built machines.

I don't think you would be unhappy with either, but I would go Vette.

Yes, purpose built to go places, do things. Just. Like. Any. Other. Car.

PS it is not a purpose built race car if that is your intended direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                      From those two options, I would choose the corvette. Never really cared for Porsches.

With that budget though, there are quite a few other cars I would be looking at.

Such As?
                      2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                        Yes, purpose built to go places, do things. Just. Like. Any. Other. Car.

PS it is not a purpose built race car if that is your intended direction.
                        Purpose built for old men hence why 90% are automatics

I wouldnt even consider a standard C6
                        2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Not Race car, but close. If in the right trim (Z06)
                          No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevinl View Post
                            Such As?
                            Lotus Exige would be on my short list.

Comment

Working...
                            X