The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weihenstephaner

Surprised more people haven't mentioned it. Just got a 6 last night for 8 bucks.

Worlds Oldest currently operating brewery and it's from Germany.

It was good. Yeasty with banana flavor which was such a change from my usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermeister3 View Post

Weihenstephaner

Surprised more people haven't mentioned it. Just got a 6 last night for 8 bucks.

Worlds Oldest currently operating brewery and it's from Germany.

It was good. Yeasty with banana flavor which was such a change from my usual.
      It's pretty good for a Munich weißbier. I drank a lot of it when I was there. I even have that glass. That's a damn good price for them.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Arrogant Bastard.
        BAZINGA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
          It's pretty good for a Munich weißbier. I drank a lot of it when I was there. I even have that glass. That's a damn good price for them.
          Its rated highly on a lot of beer websites. Can you suggest some other good hefes?

I figured I'd support my local brewery by buying some of their beer. Very pleased with this one! It has a more floraly, citrusy nose than some of the other ipas ive had. 7.2%ABV 78IBU's

And just for fun i snagged a pick of the DFH specialty beer area at the local bottle shop. Probably gonna pick up a bottle of SahTea next weekend.

Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

I've been drinking a lot of stella lately, mainly because it is on sale at my safeway right now

Comment

bells hopslam - bought 7-6packs at the local grocery lately. bought all they had
              troegs nugget nectar - slated for delivery between 14 Feb and 21 Feb to vendors

Comment

Hacker Pschorr 7.99 for a 6 pack here.

Just had some this week. I like my German brews.

This one was good. I'd say 8.25/10. wheat beer with some apple taste, good carbonation. pretty sweet tasting.

Comment

Originally posted by BustaRhymes325i View Post
                  bells hopslam - bought 7-6packs at the local grocery lately. bought all they had
                  troegs nugget nectar - slated for delivery between 14 Feb and 21 Feb to vendors

What did you pay for it out of curiosity? I saw some this year at the local beverage shop and picked up 2 6packs. Was $17.99 per. Couldn't hardly find it last year. And was only able to pick up 1 sixer.

Comment

yuingling lager a good quilty dark lager made here in pa also not that expensive

Comment

top 3 have to be
                      3. leviathan by harpoon
                      2. dogfish head 120 minute IPA
                      1. Stone's arrogant bastard
                      Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                      If you actually stay within your budget, you are not a true car enthusiast. True story.

Comment

dont drink often but I like budlight.

Comment

Originally posted by zebrafantastic View Post

And just for fun i snagged a pick of the DFH specialty beer area at the local bottle shop. Probably gonna pick up a bottle of SahTea next weekend.
                          My buddy loved the SahTea when he had it. I'm looking to try it sometime soon..
                          1988 325i Vert
                          1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

Is there anything better than waking up next to a heavyset girl, strolling to a cafe at noon, and drinking Saison Dupont?

I think not.
                            -OVULATOR (as named by jflip2002)

Past Cars: Schwarz 1990 325i-2 (crashed), Calypsorot 1991 325i-2 Sport (rear ended)
                            Now: Blake-stitched mediocrity :(

Comment

Originally posted by Dermeister3 View Post

Hacker Pschorr 7.99 for a 6 pack here.

Just had some this week. I like my German brews.

This one was good. I'd say 8.25/10. wheat beer with some apple taste, good carbonation. pretty sweet tasting.
                              I've got a hacker pshorr maß that I jacked from Oktoberfest last year.

I find most Bavarian helles beers to be pretty similar. They're good and refreshing, but nothing special.

Augustiner Brau is the best, I think. My friend said they don't really even advertise in Munich bc it's head & shoulders the favorite there.
                              Originally posted by Gruelius
                              and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Got empties...I'm out need some more.
                                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                                X