ong-bak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ong-bak

been looking for a local theatre playing this movie and have been dissapointed that no one within an hour has it so I ordered it from japan and just got done watching. MOST BADASS MOVIE EVER! the lead tony jaa has been compared to bruce lee and jackie chan, and I'm certainly impressed. time to stop tae kwon do and learn mui tai
    sigpic

the fuck shit what?
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by eightyfoure
      the fuck shit what?
      standard martial arts movie, bad story, badass action.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh.

In that case awesome. I watched alot of Jackie Chan when I was younger, then it was Jet Li (which had slightly better story lines).
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I downloaded it, it's pretty fucking badass. It's 2 separate files, each over 700 MB.

Comment

tae kwon do is too much show and form, while mui thai just uses the essentials, easiest form of martial arts, but more effective for street fighting. Of course some of you karate kids out there will probably disagree with me.

Comment

tony uses muay thai in the film just for clarification purposes. the action was cool, but i'm a huge asian film fan, i bought the dvd a long while ago. the acting however was terrible, if you want an amazing foreign film, check out, "Battle Royale." Think: Lord of the flies meets survivor (the tv show) meets guns knives and pots and pans.
              ________
              Arizona Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
              Last edited by Gr00v3; 05-12-2011, 10:52 AM.

m42brigade

r3v Photo Crew: Founding Member

Originally posted by Eurospeed
              Guys like him are the reason I love it when people do things to their cars that are different. It just like anytime Karlo posts a thread with pics of his car, I love watching all the elitist pricks on this site shit their pants when they see an E30 that doesn't fit their standards.

Comment

Battle Royale is a classic (it's not Martial Arts if that's what people think), it's a pity the sequel didn't live up to the first.

Ong Bak is good for the martial arts, but not much else... mind numbing fun though :) Very in your face and the chase scene is pretty awesome... (with Muay Thai, they beat your limbs and body until the pain isn't so bad anymore... then they practice all the shin-breaking kicks and other extremely violent methods to subdue opponents...)

Whilst the actor can be compared to Jackie Chan, Chan's old movies are far superior to Ong Bak (Armour of God, Project A etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Gr00v3
                  tony uses muay thai in the film just for clarification purposes. the action was cool, but i'm a huge asian film fan, i bought the dvd a long while ago. the acting however was terrible, if you want an amazing foreign film, check out, "Battle Royale." Think: Lord of the flies meets survivor (the tv show) meets guns knives and pots and pans.
                  dont forget binoculars!

Comment

Oh.

In that case awesome. I watched alot of Jackie Chan when I was younger, then it was Jet Li (which had slightly better story lines).

how fucken old are you like 14?

when i was young it was the Karate movies on Fox on sunday afternoons.

WAAACHE WOO GOOSNIU (those movies rocked)

Comment

Originally posted by E30ownerwithanopinion
                      Oh.

I dont get the point this bashing on him was, but I watched jackie chan movies when I was younger too. I'm 21 now, operation condor came out dubbed in thai around 1990, about 9yrs before it's debut in US theaters. Not to mention all his earlier works, including police story, and the big brawl ca. 1980. so to call the guy 14, that's just stupid :roll:

Comment

im not bashing him, now im bashing you HAHAHAHAHAHAH earlier works..........that really made me laugh.

Comment

im not bashing him, now im bashing you HAHAHAHAHAHAH earlier works..........that really made me laugh.
                          shut up...you run stretched tires

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony
                            shut up...you run stretched tires

hahahahahahahhahahhaahahh you have no fucken idea you moron I was the leader of the Anti Andre movement while waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless like your self were screaming EUROOOOOOO EUROOOOOOOOO ohhh so hawt and oohhhhh pure sex about his shitty bondoed up car.

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony
                              Oh.

I dont get the point this bashing on him was, but I watched jackie chan movies when I was younger too. I'm 21 now, operation condor came out dubbed in thai around 1990, about 9yrs before it's debut in US theaters. Not to mention all his earlier works, including police story, and the big brawl ca. 1980. so to call the guy 14, that's just stupid :roll:
                              Jackie's best movies are the older ones no doubt. Master with Cracked Fingers; Snake in Eagle's Shadow (one of the best); Young Master, Drunken Master etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X