Boss stealing from me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boss stealing from me

So as some of you may know from my "i hate my job thread", that I fucking hate my job. (Yes this needs its own thread)

Last night i was at work (chinese restaurant) and it was fairly slow, but not totally dead. Anyway I had a few decent chinese table who all ordered from the authentic menu (more expensive). One in particular had a $65-ish tab. So i was stoked to get a somewhat decent tip.

Now for a little back story, my Boss/owner (Lucy) is a 70 year old chinese lady who belittles her employees and is always bragging about how 'honorable' she is, she is absolutely nuts and causes chaos in the restaurant by constantly micro-managing everyone and everything. She is always running around/doing everything with an older woman named Ricky (55-60ish). Rickey helps answer the phones, write up deliver orders/take out orders, and once in a while seats people. The two of them also 'manage' Lucy's rental properties.

So back to last night. My big chinese table left, the book with the check and cash in it is on the table. I start clearing the plates,glasses, etc... Lucy (boss/owner) takes the book to the register to get me change and as she does she counts the money and says "oohh boy, you got good tip", so I was stoked cause up until that point i had around $10 in my pocket for the night.

I finish clearing the table, and go to the register to collect my tip. Rickey (Lucy's bitch) opens the book that had my tip in it, I see 3 $5 bills, and a bunch of singles. Then she takes out one of the $5 bills and the singles and hands me 2 fives and says thats my tip. Lucy then took the other $5 and singles, from Rickey, then hands it back to Rickey and says "this is for that delivery you went on" To which Rickey replies "ohhh, yea that delivery".

Yup, she stole my tips from me and the owner endorsed it right in front of my eyes. Right away I went to the owners Nephew (american, doesnt take bullshit). I told him what went down and all hell breaks loose. The other owners (Lucys sister/brothers) come out of the kitchen and start yelling at her in chinese, then Lucy and Rickey start going at it, I get slipped a $5 from the Lucys sister(other owner), Rickey starts saying how without her I wouldnt be able to do my job(she doesnt help me with shit). It was chaos.

Lucy's sister/part owner (Pamela) approached me and said that the money they took was for her (becuase she helped take the order in Chinese). I called her out and said that was BS. She agreed, and acknowledged that the money was not for her. I told her in no uncertain terms that Lucy's business practice is total bullshit and that her stealing from me or other waitresses will not be tolerated. Pamela, was definitely devastated by all of this because it is her business too and she recognized that an owner stealing or endorsing theft from an employee is terrible.

I am giving my notice today, and letting Lucy know that if this shit keeps up I will certainly be reporting her to the Better Business Bureau among others including her most loyal customers.

There was way more to it, but too much to write. I am going to work in an hour and I know Rickey will be shooting daggers at me all day, but i really dont give a shit. I have tuition, rent, bills, and living expenses to cover I do not work there for my health or pleasure. I work for money. Never in my life have I seen such shady business practice. I cannot wait to start my new job at a bike shop on Thursday.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
    Sounds like you need a massage.
    Originally posted by kpeng
    Who the hell is Vlad?

Lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololol

e24 e9 e30
    IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

So are you gonna open your own buffet?

Comment

negative ghost rider. Going to work at a bike shop. No more chineses insanity for me.

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

in a working environment like that, i'll be long gone the first day. congrats on your new job
          Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
            in a working environment like that, i'll be long gone the first day. congrats on your new job
            I've wanted to quit for a while, but with no other income i really couldnt. I'm very tempted to scream RAT when i go into the kitchen today while the restaurant has a full dining room. hahaha

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Cry me a river..........

No seriously, GLW the new job.
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Do u have a labor burea u can report this to?

-Blame my typos on my fat fingers & Droid Charge

Comment

I bet this one of your lies again. Go apply apply as a massagist.

Comment

Five dorrahs!

Comment

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                        you offering? ;)

Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
                          I've wanted to quit for a while, but with no other income i really couldnt. I'm very tempted to scream RAT when i go into the kitchen today while the restaurant has a full dining room. hahaha
                          haha, do it.
                          Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
                            this.
                            Originally posted by Vivek
                            I was wondering about the penis too.

Comment

I do not approve of this thread, in this political climate, the stereotypes being put forth are negative. I think your advertisers should pull their ads and tuck tail and run far, far away.

Comment

Working...
                              X