Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy Mechnic View Post
    What bolt on an E30 is eccentric?

It's not from an e30. If you research you'd see they are off of a new model car. I'd give you a part number but you apparently don't need it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

That kind of stuff takes forever. I sent my bolt over and said 'I need an eccentric that is as close to this size as you can'... they sent me back that and it worked. the part was in town and 14bucks. I'm not a huge stickler for oem parts when I'm taking a grinder and a welder to the frame to make the suspension do things that it doesn't originally do.
      By the way H&R/ Bilstein HD package from Turner Motorsports, they were having a sale.

Also, I don't know what FTFY means
      Last edited by Andy Mechnic; 02-17-2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

"Fixed That For You"

From one local BMW owner to another I was explaining why I thought it wouldn't work due to the fact that your picture looked like a bolt through a washer. You could have simple said no it'll work and this is why. I wouldn't have said a word if you weren't from Omaha.

Way to burn bridges with local enthusiasts with smart-ass responses. I do know what I'm talking about, I have done several full subframe adjustment modifications using the correct OEM parts that 1000's of e30 owners around the world have used.

This is a forum for discussion of e30, it would serve you well to take constructive criticism with a grain of salt even if it ended up being wrong (I'm man enough to admit that).
        sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Omaha is not big enough for the two of you.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by JinormusJ
          Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
          1989 325is Raged on then sold.
          1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
          1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
          1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
            "Fixed That For You"

From one local BMW owner to another I was explaining why I thought it wouldn't work due to the fact that your picture looked like a bolt through a washer. You could have simple said no it'll work and this is why. I wouldn't have said a word if you weren't from Omaha.

Way to burn bridges with local enthusiasts with smart-ass responses. I do know what I'm talking about, I have done several full subframe adjustment modifications using the correct OEM parts that 1000's of e30 owners around the world have used.

This is a forum for discussion of e30, it would serve you well to take constructive criticism with a grain of salt even if it ended up being wrong (I'm man enough to admit that).
            I generally try to be diplomatic in my responses but you, IronFreak, must have struck a nerve. Being that you're in Omaha, I welcome the opportunity to show you around the shop if you care to come by. I don't usually snap at folks like I did with you, but sometimes a little humble pie is good for you.
            The things I'm going to say next will offend you. I'm not attacking you personally, that is not my wish, especially since you came back with "I'm man enough to admit that". I think you have great character and you sound like a perfectly reasonable person that I would like to meet; after all, I'm sure we all have been known to jump to conclusions without knowing the real story. What I'm going to say next will definitely not make me any friends, but it is my personal feeling (flawed as they may be) and it's who I am at the core. Believe it or not, in real life I'm actually a likeable guy.
            That being said, I'm not going to spend my days explaining to every chickenhead who clucks at a rock why it's not food.
            I have no patience for incompetence and I'm not here to make friends. I registered my profile in order to search for parts to purchase and now regret posting pics of my ride. There's a reason you haven't heard of me, it's because I don't care what onlookers think of what I do. To be honest I'm not really a pro-forum type. When I have a car to fix I don't have time to wade through 20 pages of hearsay and conjecture before getting an intelligent response, let alone a correct one. I didn't ask if my setup would work and to be honest I don't care what anyone's opinion on my setup might be, especially if its based on an incorrect assumption (PS that's not constructive).
            I welcome opinions and try to take criticism in stride, but you had better be damn sure that you did your homework because you can rest assured that I did and I will slap you down if you come at me with some bullshit.

Comment

#teamross

2003.5 Imolarot M3: daily
              1995 Alpinweiß M3: hpde

Comment

Originally posted by unloadedak View Post
                #teamross

Lulz

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

I edited my original post with some words to try and alleviate some confusion.

Comment

...To be honest I'm not really a pro-forum type.... I will slap you down if you come at me with some bullshit.

You're a big man and nobody messes with you.

1991 318iS Sterlingsilber - 1989 325i Cirrusblau (sold) - 1990 318iC Brilliantrot (sold)

Comment

Well that escalated quickly, I hope your not trying to get new business from here with that attitude.
                      sigpic
                      Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
                      1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
                      Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

I generally try to be diplomatic in my responses but you, IronFreak, must have struck a nerve. Being that you're in Omaha, I welcome the opportunity to show you around the shop if you care to come by. I don't usually snap at folks like I did with you, but sometimes a little humble pie is good for you.
                        The things I'm going to say next will offend you. I'm not attacking you personally, that is not my wish, especially since you came back with "I'm man enough to admit that". I think you have great character and you sound like a perfectly reasonable person that I would like to meet; after all, I'm sure we all have been known to jump to conclusions without knowing the real story. What I'm going to say next will definitely not make me any friends, but it is my personal feeling (flawed as they may be) and it's who I am at the core. Believe it or not, in real life I'm actually a likeable guy.
                        That being said, I'm not going to spend my days explaining to every chickenhead who clucks at a rock why it's not food.
                        I have no patience for incompetence and I'm not here to make friends. I registered my profile in order to search for parts to purchase and now regret posting pics of my ride. There's a reason you haven't heard of me, it's because I don't care what onlookers think of what I do. To be honest I'm not really a pro-forum type. When I have a car to fix I don't have time to wade through 20 pages of hearsay and conjecture before getting an intelligent response, let alone a correct one. I didn't ask if my setup would work and to be honest I don't care what anyone's opinion on my setup might be, especially if its based on an incorrect assumption (PS that's not constructive).
                        I welcome opinions and try to take criticism in stride, but you had better be damn sure that you did your homework because you can rest assured that I did and I will slap you down if you come at me with some bullshit.

are you really making enemies while having all of your personal info in your sig?

6540 N 91 PLZ
                        Omaha, NE 68122
                        402-889-0330
                        andymechanic.com
                        facebook.com/andymechanicllc
                        2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                        (Daily Driver)
                        Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                        KW V2 Coilovers
                        VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

I was just trying to share my car, some punk know-it-all tried to flame me and I set him straight, now I'm the asshole..... Well I never did say I wasn't an asshole.

Comment

Um...Ross is not a punk. Now YOU are the one who doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about.

Not here to make friends? Mission accomplished, fuckstick. Instead, you have made enemies.
                            Originally posted by LJ851
                            kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                            ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                            #teamross
                            Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by unloadedak View Post
                              #teamross
                              Sigged.
                              Originally posted by LJ851
                              kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                              ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                              #teamross
                              Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

^^^

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Working...
                                X