Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite religious or political quote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a plan, cap and trade, that would necessarily skyrocket electricity costs.

Barack Hussein Obama
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Whatever you are, be a good one.

Abraham Lincoln
      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

atheists' creed - "There is no God, and I hate Him."

Comment

"We've never been anti-Semitic."
          Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
          "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
          -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

- Frederick Douglas

Comment

"I'm not going to do you any favors in this address. From today forward you will never be able to say that you didn't hear the truth. There is only one way to live forever, and that is through Jesus. Now when you sit on the seat of judgement, there will be no rebuff. For God is just."
              -A man of god.

"If you don't believe in God, tell him that, ask him to show you otherwise."
              -Another man of God.

Thus says the LORD, your redeemer, and he that formed you from the womb, I am the LORD that makes all things; that stretches forth the heavens alone; that spreads abroad the earth by myself; That frustrates the tokens of the liars, and makes diviners mad; that turns wise men backward, and makes their knowledge foolish; Isaiah 44:24-25

"I often have the chance of listening to a proud hearted man, who speaks such profound truths from his heart. But his heart is wrong, because only through God and his love can truth be realized."
              -A. Nonymoose Jr.

"Speaking lies may fool others, but it doesn't change the fact that they are indeed lies."
              -Jeff Mormsworth

Originally posted by StewStewIloveyouyou
              hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah f--- this community its like am making my life with you guys
              And am making my life with you guy too. ;)

Comment

just about anything the quintessential American Ben Franklin said, but this is the most appropriate today-

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"

robert w.

Comment

and here's a good one for our resident atheists-

"I believe there is one Supreme most perfect being. ... I believe He is pleased and delights in the happiness of those He has created; and since without virtue man can have no happiness in this world, I firmly believe He delights to see me virtuous."

BTW how'd the label "Liberal" come to be applied to the many Leftists who are so extremely illiberal and intolerant?

Comment

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
                    Then he is not omnipotent.
                    Is he able, but not willing?
                    Then he is malevolent.
                    Is he both able and willing?
                    Then whence cometh evil?
                    Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God?"

Epicurus

Comment

re above

Another type of premise error occurs when one or more premises is an unwarranted assumption. The premise may or may not be true, but it has not been established sufficiently to serve as a premise for an argument. Identifying all the assumptions upon which an argument is dependent is often the most critical step in analyzing an argument. Frequently, different conclusions are arrived at because of differing assumptions.

Comment

Maybe I'm slow. Which assumption(s) are you referring to?

Since this a religious/political quote thread I shall add another:

"I’ve been in the Bible every day since I’ve been the President, and I have been affected by people’s prayers a lot."

George W. Bush

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
                          BTW how'd the label "Liberal" come to be applied to the many Leftists who are so extremely illiberal and intolerant?
                          It's called liberal fascism.

Such rebels hating on Christianity. A shame your love of truth stops there.

Comment

It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters

Barry Obama
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

yeah, that does sound about right. mind if i repost that?
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                                -Woodrow Wilson after signing the Fed into law.

Awesome post.

Pretty much anything Rick Santorum says is pretty much hilarious.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                                X