Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: NY, 1989 325i 4dr Delphin S50 Swapped $4,900

Sold

First of all, yes of course the car needs some work with this price tag. A little history on it. Built by Overlord475 in 2011 (build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=200830 ) and sold later that same year (original sale thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=205837 )
    Car was then owned by the same owner for almost 4 years. He traded it to the person I picked it up from. From the original build a lot of the euro parts are gone, and the custom interior is gone. It's also missing a front valence, the hood was replaced with a red one for some reason with no hardware. It's now painted a lighter gray and held on with hood pins. The trunk and wheels are also painted this color. Original body panels and paint minus what's mentioned and a DOT-R passenger fender. Clean carfax with no accidents reported. A few dents/dings/scrapes around the body. Paint on the roof isn't too great. Pictures probably make the body look better than it is. Rust by battery tray, but actually thats really the only place, very clean underneath.

Car has gone less than 20,000 miles since the original build. Odometer is currently stopped at 246k, mileage is supposed to be around 248k, was built at 230. I know everyone claims their odometer just stopped working, this is just something you'll have to take my word on (which is actually the previous owners word, but I believe him) It was a second car for him, which was not driven in winter here in the northeast, and he owned it for 4 winters and 3 summers. Didn't put on very many miles during that time.

The following is copied from the original for sale ad, so add 20,000 miles to everything. Anything that says new is of course 20,000 miles old.

S50US 3.0L M3 Engine w/ 70k miles (overhauled)
    - New main and rod bearings
    - All new timing components
    - Rebuilt Cylinder head
    - Rebuilt Vanos Unit
    - New Belts, Tensioner
    - Spark Plugs, coil pack connectors, and coil packs
    - New gaskets and seals
    - New Water Pump, Thermostat, Metal Water Neck
    - All New Sensors (E30 Gauge temp, E36 FI temp, O2 sensor)
    - Lime Green Block
    - Euro Oil Filter Housing
    - New Air Flow Meter
    - E34 oil pump, pan and dip stick
    - Custom E30 S50 Wiring Harness
    - 413 Silver Label ECU (Performance tuning w/ EWS Delete)
    - MLS Performance HG (~10.2:1 CR)
    - Stainless Steel Headers
    - E36 Throttle Cable
    - IE Offset Engine Mounts
    - Coolant Hoses
    - GripForce Light weight single mass Flywheel (14.5lb), with new clutch kit
    - Aluminum Godspeed Radiator
    - SPAL 16" Low Profile Rad Fan
    - 2002tii Remote Reservoir Set Up

G260 5 speed swap
    - G260
    - G260 Manuel drive shaft
    - White325 G260 Trans brace
    - Man. Pedal Assembly
    - New master cylinder
    - New slave cylinder
    - New throw out bearing
    - New hydraulic fluid lines
    - New Center Support
    - New Guibo
    - BluntTech short shift kit (30% Reduction)
    - All new shifting grommets and washers including B-clip
    - New selector and output shaft seals
    - Mr. Swiss Wiring Relay (retains cruise control)

Brake / Suspension
    - StopTech drilled and slotted rotors
    - Rebuilt Calipers
    - ATE Pads
    - New Brake Lines
    - BluntTech 15mm Drop Hats
    - Rebuilt ZF Power Steering Rack
    - Tie Rods
    - Control Arms
    - Front and Rear Sway Bar links
    - Front and Rear Sway Bar bushings and brackets

Wheels
    - Stock 14x6.5 IS Weaves

In addition to those items, I notice it has H&R springs and kyb AGX shocks, a skid plate, and I believe upgraded sway bars. Has black leather sport interior which has some rips and shows wear. Also missing a couple of interior pieces like the piece under the panel under the steering wheel, rear ash tray, and drivers rear door sill trim piece. Momo steering wheel, aftermarket radio. Has had a p/s delete, and the a/c compressor and condenser were removed, looks like everything else is still there for it including custom lines. The p/s pump and a/c compressor will be included.

I would say there are a couple of current issues. Probably the whole intake setup should be redone. It's cracked and leaking a bit and causing some hesitation. I just taped up the worst of it which is not the best solution, but works. You can also hear a clunking noise going over some bumps. I'm actually not positive of this one, underneath everything looked/felt nice and tight. I think it might be front upper shock mounts. Tires have uneven wear, not from being on this car though, they've only been on here a couple hundred miles, but should be replaced sooner rather then later.

Overall, definitely a bit of a project, but probably one of the cheaper ways to get into an s50 swapped car.

Full album with lots of pictures, including some from the build:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Feel free to e-mail me at frogg10137@aol.com or pm on here.

Thanks,
    Jason

CAR HAS BEEN SOLD
    Last edited by 93accordEX; 06-21-2015, 08:10 PM.

Nvm

Comment

$4,500 will take it.

Comment

Working...
      X