Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobross View Post
    Incorrect. Mostly because power goals always end up increasing

As long as you have full control over injector output, use the biggest/highest quality injector you can get your hands on.

I have 2 1.8l cars running 1000 &1300 cc injectors with no issue. Both cars idle better than stock. 2000cc injectors in hand going into a 2.8L (also currently all motor)
    I agree to both sides of this argument, to an extent. You shouldn't use a cheap injector with a 5ms opening time when going with big injectors. On a big motor it's less of a problem, but ideally you can use dual stage injection to combat the issues surrounding poor idle with shitty injectors. A high quality injector will generally be able to idle fine, up to a point. I still think that 2000cc/min injectors for a 2.5L motor running gasoline is overkill, though. You can only tune to a certain percentage, I don't know how difficult it might be to tune a motor with hugely oversized injectors.

With that said, my m10 runs 315cc/min injectors from a volvo and idles fine, even with only 55% duty cycle at redline.
    '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
    NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
    Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

Working...
    X