Drivig vibrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivig vibrations

I have a 1985 325e and im getting vibrations from stop to about 30mph.it feels like a wobble more than a vibration though. I was getting vibration at around 45 to 50 at first so i got under to check the guibo and it looks brand new. So then i checked the carrier and that was shot so i replaced it and preloaded it and now im getting the vibrations or "wobbles" from stop to 30 i did make sure the driveshaft was aligned with the marks on it. I did notice i have a bent rim but it really feels like its coming right fron the driveshaft while driving it. Any suggestions on what it may be?

Wheel nuts tight?

Comment

Narrow everything down. Tie rods, wheel bearings, wheel balance...Is your driveshaft dented at all? That'll throw it outta whack for sure in my experience.

If it were me, I'd look at my tie rods, control arms and wheel bearings first. That bent rim might also be a potential issue, so check and make sure all the wheels are balanced.
      "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
      The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

tairs first. so fix your bent wheel, and put a good tair on thar.

control arm bushings, too.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Its not the tie rods, the vibration is coming from under the seat not from the steering wheel and i replaced the trialing arm bushings recently. Its not a bearing, and the driveshaft is not bent either.

Comment

Any play in the input shaft of the diff or output of the trans? Guibo bolts torqued properly and in the correct order/pattern? Also condition of the trans bushings
            The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
            Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
            2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Everything is torqued and tight. No play. And the transmition bushing look good

Comment

Check your engine and transmission mounts.

Comment

Check those driveshaft u-joints.

Comment

Working...
                  X