No announcement yet.

0295 Natur vinyl/fabric paint?? SEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: check out the carpet under the lower console compared to the rear section I used the Duplicator Medium Beige on. Turns out it's actually pretty close! Not sure how I missed this the first time around. Hope this helps someone.

I do have some natur carpet dye from Leatherique now as well. haven't gotten around to doing it though.

I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
    DB vert plastic bumpers
    OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

How much Leatherique did you buy? I have to restore my front (and maybe the rear) naturbeige leather seats.
      1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
      1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
      bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
        I'll post up some pics when I get the seat installed...
        As promised - lots of pics. I didn't redye the seat's back cover, and when you compare the redyed leather against the seat back, the color difference is very subtle. I think the newly dyed driver seat fits in great with the old seats (now I just need to deal with the old seats!)

If you haven't been following my project, I bought a passenger seat with good leather and swapped over the leather covers to my driver seat. I then cleaned off the old dye and redyed the seat with Leatherique while it was disassembled. Put it all back together, cleaned up the seat rails, and now I have seating for 4 again.

R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

man lost track of this thread... cool to see. I ended up using Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric Medium Beige to color match the arm rest and map pocket.

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
          The paint mismatch between the natur leather, map pocket and arm rest were driving me nuts though. I had tried Duplicolor Paint & Vinyl Medium Beige before and it matched almost perfectly. So did some test sprays on the parts and then went for it.

This natur coin holder came out of a 5 series. I cleaned it with a magic eraser but that's it. So it's a good reference and closely matches the natur leather.

Check out the overall color mismatch between all the parts. Not sure how well the pics show it, but the tints are quite different. The map pocket has an orange tinge to it, the arm rests washed out with a hint of green. You can clearly see how much the arm rest is faded - check the color on the hole where the mirror switch fits. This part has already been thoroughly cleaned with a magic eraser (they work wonders... try them out if you haven't)

EVERY natur E30 I see looks like this. It's NOT the way it came from the factory, and just inspecting parts of the car the weren't sun exposed will prove it.

so enough on the mismatch. I had to apply two coats to the arm rest. map pocket got by with a single coat.
          here's after 1 arm rest coat - still too light

and after the 2nd coat - success!

final result

next up coloring the pass side bits, kick panels and deck lid vinyl. That arm rest really stands out doesn't it? The rear quarter trim and deck lid vinyl are also a bit lighter than the natur leather. Eventually we'll get the rears leather covered to match the door cards and seats.
          Last edited by bradnic; 03-17-2017, 07:27 PM.

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Nice work.

I did all of the leather (Natur) in my 1987 E24 M6 last winter using Leatherique and I too struggled to find a corresponding paint for the few plastic pieces that wasn't slightly darker or lighter.

What ended up being my perfect solution was taking a freshly dyed leather piece to my local auto paint shop where they scanned and color matched a few cans of spray paint with the proper adhesion promoters for plastic. It ended up a perfect match.
            Attached Files
            1986 E30 325E
            1989 E30 325iX
            2003 E54 X5.
            1993 Mercedes W124 300E
            1995 Mercedes W124 E320.
            2009 VW Touareg
            2007 Porsche Cayman S

Comment

THAT'S the way to do it. Nice pics @msggrunt

HOWTOs:
              DB vert plastic bumpers
              OEM Keys
              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
              91 ic Calypso 3.1
              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Thanks. I lived your frustration trying to track down a color that was "close" at all the major retail stores and just wasn't satisfied.

These weren't cheap at $21.00 per can but, they were a prefect match. And with all the leather in my M6 I only used two cans for the plastic bits, the leather was re-dyed using Leatherique.

PS... I love the checkered pattern material. I have a complete set of extra door panels out of a parts car.... Now you have me thinking. I wonder how this would look if the seats weren't done as well? OK or maybe like the interior just isn't complete?
                1986 E30 325E
                1989 E30 325iX
                2003 E54 X5.
                1993 Mercedes W124 300E
                1995 Mercedes W124 E320.
                2009 VW Touareg
                2007 Porsche Cayman S

Comment

Update - Sprayed all the hard plastic bits and the convertible top lid with the Duplicolor Medium Beige. It took several coats but everything's a very close match now to the new natur leather seats and door cards.

Also dyed the carpet and floor mats with Leatherique natur carpet dye. very pleased with the results.

Will post pics once the interior is back together. This should get me by until I finally do the ground up respray on the car. At that point I'll go the custom natur aerosol route like @MSGGrunt

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

(0295) Natur COLOURLOCK leather dye for BMW interiors

I know this is an old thread, but hoping someone will respond. I came across this product on Amazon. It claims to be BMW Natur - has anyone had experience with this product, and especially this shade?

Thanks,

Cyril

Comment

That looks crazy expensive. not familiar with it so can't vouch one way or the other.

Check out my build thread about 2 pages from the end for natural interior updates. I stuck with Duplicolor medium beige on my vert, and painted the tonneau, rear quarter trim, kick panels, map pockets and arm rests. I color dyed the carpet using Leatherique carpet dye. everything matches beautifully.

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

BMW 0295 - Natur

Nice car - I really like the color and interior. I’m a little weary of the paints, used some on my old ‘92 325i vert, and it flaked off a little in time. It could have been a bad product, application, or the fact that I brought the car with me to Subic Bay, Philippines, and its hot as hell here. I bought the BMW COLOURLOCK product already - so I’ll post pics when done, but I won’t be home until June. I need the back seat which is not ripped, but a little worn, to match the new front leather seat covers I purchased for my ix.

Cyril

‘63 Harrington Le Mans
                        ‘65 VW Type 1
                        ‘66 Mercedes-Benz 250se Coupe
                        ‘67 Mercedes-Benz 250se Coupe
                        ‘71 Jaguar E-type S2 OTS
                        ‘73 MGB-GT
                        ‘75 Jaguar XJ6C
                        ‘91 BMW 325IX Coupe, 5 spd.

Comment

Working...
                        X