This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
    Is miata always the answer? I'm here to report, yes.
    Nice! Hard to tell with the lighting in the pic- is it Montego? Excellent choice on the Konis/FM springs.

ETA: Still miss our '94
    sigpic
    1989 325is MTechII, M50/S52 Frankenmotor
    1997 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by xx4xy1 View Post
      Nice! Hard to tell with the lighting in the pic- is it Montego? Excellent choice on the Konis/FM springs.

ETA: Still miss our '94
      Yeah, '94 M Editions were Montego only, here's a better pic for the color!
      C6Z
      S2K
      VeloN

Comment

Just the lip for now. Picked up some coilovers tonight, Koni Yellows and Flyin' Miata 330/280 springs.

1. I've met some cool dudes
        2. E30
        3. Ok, fair
        4. E30
        5. The Toyobarion FGT86Z is absolute garbage, so I've heard
        6. Yes, Miata is the answer lol

This is my 2nd in a row! The WRX was a 3 pedal too.
        Its fun to pass people with big hp and no skill behind the wheel in a Miata. It teaches you how to drive, and not slow down (big time momentum car, but when dialed in, its really hard to beat) I just wish the steering had a lot less boost and a lot more feel. (And that I sat lower in them. My legs don't clear the underside of the steering wheel.)

I say good idea with the Miata. They are disposable, (tons of them out there and dirt cheap) parts are cheap, and a very capable track car with very few mods.

Will
        '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
        '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
        '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
          (And that I sat lower in them. My legs don't clear the underside of the steering wheel.)

Will
          Same here, I'm 6'2 so my left leg is always against the door or the steering wheel and my right is always against the center console. I really wish the steering wheel moved, just telescoping would be perfect. My one complaint is also the steering and I wouldn't even say that I'm complaing, does feel a bit too light but it seems to gain a lot of feel at and above 40mph. I'm really looking forward to the future with this car, I'm really surprised by it so far.
          C6Z
          S2K
          VeloN

Comment

Same here, I'm 6'2 so my left leg is always against the door or the steering wheel and my right is always against the center console. I really wish the steering wheel moved, just telescoping would be perfect. My one complaint is also the steering and I wouldn't even say that I'm complaing, does feel a bit too light but it seems to gain a lot of feel at and above 40mph. I'm really looking forward to the future with this car, I'm really surprised by it so far.
            bets you sell it in 2 months?

Looks like it'll be a great car! I need to get my ass in gear and get red car prepped for track season again, and then set up some track days for the group.
            2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
            95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
            98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
              bets you sell it in 2 months?

Looks like it'll be a great car! I need to get my ass in gear and get red car prepped for track season again, and then set up some track days for the group.
              It'll be more than 2 months but I can't imagine it being the car that I keep forever. My dream Miata is a '95 M Edition just because I love Merlot Mica but this is probably the best canvas that I could possibly start with.
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

Just the lip for now. Picked up some coilovers tonight, Koni Yellows and Flyin' Miata 330/280 springs.
                1. I've met some cool dudes
                2. E30
                3. Ok, fair
                4. E30
                5. The Toyobarion FGT86Z is absolute garbage, so I've heard
                6. Yes, Miata is the answer lol
                ya you met cool dudes but they only want your body
                the e30 isnt as slow and it does rattle to bits unless you have a shit e30.
                the e30 is more of a sports car but it is a sport saloon
                saying a miata is good and a BRZ isnt. now thats just foolishness.
                i drove an NA and an NC. neither were good cars.

come to autoX this weekend and drive my car one lap
                Much wow
                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                  come to autoX this weekend and drive my car one lap
                  At Marina? I am wayyyyyy too down.

Edit - Shit, I'll be in SLO this weekend. Nvm.
                  Last edited by CarsonE30; 03-24-2017, 02:57 AM.
                  C6Z
                  S2K
                  VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                    If you like men
                    If you like to not pass anything
                    If you dont like surviving accidents
                    If you have thick skin and can handle that it's not a sports car
                    If you dont have the money to buy a BRZ
                    then yes, a miata is the answer
                    this gave me a good chuckle. lol
                    i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                      Auto? I don't think I've heard of manual trannys randomly goin out, generally. I'm tryna slap some r888's on the e30 and go auto crossing this summer; don't think anyone will let a convertible out on a track.
                      No, stick. I either broke the 3rd/4th shift selector or I managed to grab two gears and explode one of them. Post up when you go, I plan to go a few times this season as well as hopefully going to the track at least one more time. I'd be interested to see how that vert of yours does at autocross.
                      sigpic

Comment

Anyone near Fresno that can help me figure it the surging idle issue on my e30?

Comment

E30 s50 FUEL+SPARK= No start??

Hello everyone!

I have an 86 325es with a rebuilt (top and bottom refreshed) S50 motor and Bosch 413 red label DME w a Miller War Chip installed. Engine is mated to a ZF320 transmission. I'm using a wiring harness adapter that I bought from someone so I don't have trouble w the wiring. Deleted ABS as I'm using the Chase Bays set up (no brake booster). New battery installed. New crank and cam position sensors.

When I turn the key, the fuel pump does NOT prime. I do hear the ICV hum but that's about it. Fuel is present when I jump the relay, spark is there as I grounded the plug to check, and the car just keeps cranking.

Looking for someone that can come to MERCED and help me out. I'm out of ideas and don't know what to check. Or just post something for me to do and I will report back w the findings.

Thank you!

Comment

My one complaint is also the steering and I wouldn't even say that I'm complaing, does feel a bit too light but it seems to gain a lot of feel at and above 40mph.
                            Is PS delete not an option? It can be annoying on 6cl cars but the e36 rack stuffed with lithium grease feels great on my 318ic.
                            The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                            Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                            2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyac28 View Post
                              Anyone near Fresno that can help me figure it the surging idle issue on my e30?
                              Clean your idle control valve with brake cleaner and report back, make sure it moves freely.
                              The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                              Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                              2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                              2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Any one have an extra sachs clutch alignment tool lying around ?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X