No announcement yet.

blower motor /resister replacement pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you have to remove the blower to replace the resistor??
    sigpic

Comment

No. It's at the bottom of the blower motor shroud.

Comment

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
        No. It's at the bottom of the blower motor shroud.
        cool, just grab it w/ pliers or your fingers and pull, or is there a clip system?
        sigpic

Comment

Well you have to undo the clips on the blower motor shroud and remove that. After you do that it's just giving it a quick tug. Open it up and everything should make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by long tall eta View Post
            cool, just grab it w/ pliers or your fingers and pull, or is there a clip system?
            as glucklich21 said just give it a quick tug with your fingers. it will come right out.

a pic of mine with the new blue resistor in place to help show you what you you're looking for. the one you're removing will probably be black.

Last edited by kts; 01-07-2019, 09:07 PM. Reason: fixed image link.

Comment

my fan is squealing at all speeds....need to do this DIY when it gets warmer out
              sigpic
              E30love

Comment

Originally posted by kts View Post
                as glucklich21 said just give it a quick tug with your fingers. it will come right out.

a pic of mine with the new blue resistor in place to help show you what you you're looking for. the one you're removing will probably be black.

thanks man, thats the pic i was looking for. much clearer than the ones with the old still in.
                sigpic

Comment

hey thanks for all the great pictures guys. My blower just stopped working on ALL speeds. its hot as fuck and i curse everytime i enter my e30 on a warm day. Is my issue the resistor? or could it be something else? (thought the resistor issue means the blower still works on '4')

]Real sht

Comment

could be the switch, or a fuse.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

thanks nando... its definitely not the fuse because that was the first thing i looked at... so how would i go about replacing the switch? I'm guessing it's unlikely that the resistor is the issue since the fan doesnt work on any setting LEAVING ME SWEATING. :eeek:

]Real sht

Comment

yeah my fan will randomly work at times on all settings and then at other times not work on ANY... wtf is the deal here? anyone have any ideas?

]Real sht

Comment

My blower motor only works on 4 and then blows the #20 fuse. If I replace the blower motor resistor, do you think that would stop the fuse from blowing also?

Comment

I installed a new blower motor and resistor in my 89 325is. The problem now is that my #20 fuse blows after running the a/c. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Comment

I just replaced the blower on my M3. It wasn't too bad, the hardest part was getting the blowers to clear the wiring loom that runs right through where it needs to go. Unless you unhook the entire harness, you can't really move it out of the way enough. I ended up squishing the fans a little to get them to clear. I tested everything out before buttoning everything back up and everything was still balanced and smooth. I think it took about an hour and a half or so.

Will
                              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Ok...i am trying to get my motor out, but i can't get that damn clip to come out that is holding the motor in...any tips? I have tried prying, pulling, pushing, I even put some wire behind to pull on it. What am i doing wrong??

Comment

Working...
                                X