Las Cruces, NM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Las Cruces, NM

I am coming down in June to check out housing and will probably be moving down there in August.

Anyone there? Give me a heads up on what to expect. Living expenses, food cost, good/bad areas to live.

I've never been to Cruces myself, but from what I hear, it's growing. Mind you, it's still a small city, but it's growing. There isn't anyone that I know of that's active on the forums. And there's really only a handful here in Albuquerque. Living expenses shouldn't be bad down there. Are you moving for school or work or just a plain, old move?

Oh! And, welcome to the land of no e30-lovers.

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

Cruses isnt so bad, they have a great local race scene and a road course track, aroyo seca, there is a drag strip in roswell and El Paso is about 20 min away, the lake in Elephant butte is about 1.5 hours north and ABQ is about 3 hours away.
      1991 e30 328i M52 swapped: Gone
      1995 e34 540i/6 1 of 76 Clean
      1985 e28 euro 525i the daily

Comment

a track? Oh my...

moving for school/job

Comment

NMSU is a really good school. I got accepted last year, but had thoughts of enlisting so I passed. If you're motivated, I'm sure you can find some people out there.

Comment

Well I'm going for the second year of my masters, because one of my professors is headed that way.

Comment

Oh okay. Well enjoy your stay at The Crosses and if you ever make a trip up to ABQ, let some of us know. We'd gladly take you out for some good eatin'. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by mightywhitey View Post
                Cruses isnt so bad, they have a great local race scene and a road course track, aroyo seca, there is a drag strip in roswell and El Paso is about 20 min away, the lake in Elephant butte is about 1.5 hours north and ABQ is about 3 hours away.
                Do you have a link to the road coarse location?

Comment

Arroyo Seco MotorplexAddress
                  20030 Highway 549 Southeast
                  Deming, NM 88030

Get Directions
                  (575) 544-3440

Comment

Comment

Cruces isnt too bad (been there a few times) compared to where im at. Alamoghetto! Its about an hour away. It is getting big. Alot of us military folk go there since its a decent sized town, stuff to do, shopping, clubs/bars, mall, food. But it is the "land of no e30 lovers" and from what i hear there is definitely the "good" side and "bad" side. You will have to do your research.
                      sigpic

Comment

How is car insurance and other expenses? I hear food is cheap and I see plenty of cheap housing, but what may surprise me?

Comment

What may surprise you is that its sunny 360 days a year. And its gonna be great to root for a real basketball team in AZ. LOL

Comment

how are roads?

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
                              how are roads?
                              I just made the drive down from Denver, and to say the least, they kick the crap out our our roads! There is tons of good Mexican food and if you like burgers and shakes, Blake's Lottaburger is fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                              X