No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Classic Mini thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on topic, sorry for the poor picture quality.

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

A couple more...

If you look in the background above the headlight of the blue car you can see my very first car, a 69 Camaro.
      Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

These cars easy to lower? This green one I looked at was higher in the rear. Would it take much to drop the rear and balance out the car with the front?

88 M3 Diamantschwarz
        89 M3 Zinnoberrot
        56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
        www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

Here's mine :D

Just got fender flares for it too

Comment

The flares add so much. Looks great!
            88 M3 Diamantschwarz
            89 M3 Zinnoberrot
            56 Isetta

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
              The flares add so much. Looks great!
              They sure do, and are they cheap!!
              Along with lowering stuff for the minis.
              Archie, I know they actually READ out there in California, or have actual BOOKSTORES (as a place to hang out and have coffee, of course), unlike out here in hickville southern maryland; so go buy a few of the UK mini mags and check out some of the stuff they do.
              They usually have pretty extensive parts advertisements, too.
              You're gonna find that it's easier (and cheaper, believe it or not) to just order from the UK for these cars. Maybe I'm wrong, I'd love to have someone correct me, but this has been MY experience.
              Slicktop City!

Comment

archie, these cars are very easy to lower. Most minis have "dry" suspension and use a rubber cone as the springing medium. These are connected to the suspension arms by aluminum "trumpets" To lower the car you simply shorten the trumpets or even better buy replacement trumpets that are adjustable and raise or lower the car at will. Hydrolastic or "wet" suspension cars i would stay away from. There are so many good books on how to mod these cars out there.

ldsbeaker, what suppliers have you used in the USA? Car looks good, im diggin the Mambas.

OK, not sure how i did that but i am digging the Mambas on boostedE30s car. Sorry for the confusion.
                Last edited by LJ851; 03-24-2011, 11:09 AM. Reason: im retarded
                Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                  ldsbeaker, what suppliers have you used in the USA? Car looks good, im diggin the Mambas.
                  I've used minimania once or twice, but they turned me off when I tried to purchase braided fuel line for a quick turn around. They ended up backordering it (I'm sure to the UK), so I paid extra AND waited. I may use them again, but only for stuff that I KNOW will be in stock, and only if I'm in a jam.
                  I purchased a gas tank and some other mini cool guy stuff from UK, I can't beat the prices.
                  I want to say the gas tank was like $250 shipped from UK, and MM wants $400ish+shipping?
                  For-get you!

EDIT: you must have been talking about boosted e30's wheels/car... oops.
                  Thanks about the car, it's not even cleaned up, I can't wait to pull it out of the garage soon.
                  I've been trying to find the name of the wheels FOREVER. Details?
                  (I thought they were another "M" name, but they are 7 spoke as opposed to 6 or 8 or something like that)
                  I'll have to tell the story of how I chased this car for 5 years sometime...
                  Last edited by ldsbeaker; 03-24-2011, 10:48 AM.
                  Slicktop City!

Comment

Here's my little punk. I have to take some more recent pics with the foglights on it

88 M3 - 95 E320 Wagon - 70 Mini - 04 LS430
                    BBS RS-style wheels for your RC car:
                    http://www.teampogi.com
                    http://www.facebook.com/teampogi

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker View Post
                      I've used minimania once or twice, but they turned me off when I tried to purchase braided fuel line for a quick turn around. They ended up backordering it (I'm sure to the UK), so I paid extra AND waited. I may use them again, but only for stuff that I KNOW will be in stock, and only if I'm in a jam.
                      I purchased a gas tank and some other mini cool guy stuff from UK, I can't beat the prices.
                      I want to say the gas tank was like $250 shipped from UK, and MM wants $400ish+shipping?
                      For-get you!

EDIT: you must have been talking about boosted e30's wheels/car... oops.
                      Thanks about the car, it's not even cleaned up, I can't wait to pull it out of the garage soon.
                      I've been trying to find the name of the wheels FOREVER. Details?
                      (I thought they were another "M" name, but they are 7 spoke as opposed to 6 or 8 or something like that)
                      I'll have to tell the story of how I chased this car for 5 years sometime...

Yes, my mistake.
                      Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Mini's rule the world.

My first car was a mini which I restored from the ground up then modified my last year of highschool. Owned it for 10 years and sold it last year. It was my summer daily driver all through university and I had done almost every upgrade you could think of.

So easy to work on, easy to modify, and roomy to boot.

I currently have two sitting in my garage. Mine which I've got the full clubman front clip for that needs a full restoration. I'll do some sort of cool swap and tube frame built on it one day. The second is my dads which I've been building for him for about 6 years when time permits. Spent about 40hrs welding in all new floors, sills, a-panels, window surrounds, etc. Had it sandblasted and it is currently sitting in epoxy primer waiting for a bit of body work and sanding before paint. Have full rebuilt engine and gear box waiting to go in it.

If you have a chapters near by you can pick up one of the two major mini mags sold in the UK (Mini Magazine, Mini Classic).

Also check out a few mini related sites and the biggest supplier of mini parts in NA is in Cali (minimania --> minimania.com). A few good Canadian shops (ontario) are bmc.on.ca and mrmini.com

Here's my cardomain site http://www.cardomain.com/ride/210732/1977-austin-mini I started in like 2001 and forgot about. lol. Shake my head at some stuff now, but follows a few system tear downs, engine pull, dash builds, etc. Hopefully I don't end up in the cardomain thread.

Mine (sold) when we moved into our new house and I was working finishing the inside of my garage:

My dads on the lift and my future project to the right:

After it was sandblasted:

And after all welding was done/sandblasted and primed:

Sorry for the crappy pics but these are of my mini I sold last year. It is missed.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by lostininglewood; 03-24-2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Going to the Micro Miniature Car show today in Upland,Cal. Ill post up some cool pics later.
                          88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                          89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                          56 Isetta

Comment

Cool mini pics from the car show.
                            88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                            89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                            56 Isetta

Comment

Check this out!:shock:

Link to story...

At least two people have been transported to the hospital after a three vehicle collision on Chapman Highway.
                              The accident happened around 11:40 at the Kimberlin Heights, Chapman Highway, and Tipton Station intersection.
                              A THP trooper on the scene said it appears a vintage Mini Cooper traveling north crossed the center line and hit a Malibu head-on. A pick-up truck following the Mini Cooper was also involved.
                              At least two people that were in the Malibu were transported by ambulance to the hospital. There's no word on their condition.
                              88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                              89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                              56 Isetta

Comment

Crazy! Its hard to tell but it looks like a fiberglass shell to me the way it is torn apart instead of crumpled. It looks deseamed like all the 'glass ones are as well.
                                Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X