No announcement yet.

R3v Wristwatch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked this up the other day. I had the band off to inspect it. Beautiful watch
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0485.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	7164990
    sigpic

Comment

I've been losing my mind over this god damned thing. I'll probably buy it over the weekend. I can't stop thinking about it.

"We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

The watches on here look fantastic.
        Thought I'd share my Orient and Parnis.

2001 740i - daily
        1987 528e - project
        1987 325e - sold

if u dont like my post click here

Comment

Originally posted by Turf1600 View Post
          I've been losing my mind over this god damned thing. I'll probably buy it over the weekend. I can't stop thinking about it.

Bought it. And these 2:

Been really digging art deco lately.
          "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

My first real watch, I've wanted to get an automatic for quite a while now.

Comment

I've always been a big fan of the Citizen solar powered.

Also have the timex weekender, but has anyone else noticed how loud the damn thing is? It's not such a big deal during the day but I can't keep it in my bedroom or it'll keep me up at night.
              sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

ok r3v, I've been thinking about getting a decent watch for a while but i'm not sure where to start. I say decent because I tend to be tough on my stuff, so I don't want to spend a lot on a nice watch until I get used to wearing and protecting a cheaper one (hopefully under $150)

I want something simple and thin so that it isn't too flashy so that it will look equally at home with a suit or a grungy shirt in a dive bar. The first picture below is my ideal level of detail if it didn't have numbers. The second picture is about as flashy as i would like to go. I would also prefer something that isn't brand new and that I have to wind daily.

Any suggestions on how to start searching and learning?
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

as far as hand wind only for your price range I cant really think of anything with a lot of brand recognition. Like I can for an auto. That said this seems to have been a kinda popular on some the watch forums and from what I remember reading, decent quality for what it is. Seems most think its a Asian (read Chinese) Clone of a entry level swiss movement, the unitas 6497 according to the auction lol .. seems most like the reliability and build quality of these and I read somewhere a while ago Seagull is making movements for a lot of other watch makers......

Or there is spending about 300 more that you want too and getting a very nice steinhart with a swiss unitas 6497 hand wind in it

For the money though the ebay unit its not a bad way to go to start the addiction
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                    ok r3v, I've been thinking about getting a decent watch for a while but i'm not sure where to start. I say decent because I tend to be tough on my stuff, so I don't want to spend a lot on a nice watch until I get used to wearing and protecting a cheaper one (hopefully under $150)

I want something simple and thin so that it isn't too flashy so that it will look equally at home with a suit or a grungy shirt in a dive bar. The first picture below is my ideal level of detail if it didn't have numbers. The second picture is about as flashy as i would like to go. I would also prefer something that isn't brand new and that I have to wind daily.

Any suggestions on how to start searching and learning?

Stretch your budget a bit and get something worthwhile and interesting.

I have a similar Benrus that I bought before I bought my IWC Mk XI (two years of searching) and I love it just as much.
                    2011 1M Alpine white/black
                    1996 Civic white/black
                    1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

There's some cool Seagull stuff out there. They're nice movements if you can find one used since none of that stuff holds its value:

The customer service at Long Island Watch is the best I have ever experienced. They don't sell you a watch and then forget about you. Always quick responses from them.

Or look for something old. If you're going Swiss, find something with an ETA 2824 movement for automatic. The new 2896 movement is a throw-away with a riveted bridge.

If you don't mind quartz, Seiko was doing some REALLY cool sh*t back in the 80s. Poke around a bit...to start learning, check out www.timezone.com, www.pmwf.com, and www.watchuseek.com

You'll waste the rest of your productive time on those forums.
                      sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Check out the Rodina Bauhaus. It's out of stock right now but it's usually $120.

Comment

Son of a bitch, I've been wanting to get into watches lately but I have relatively small wrists and most men's watches look absurd. Also I don't like bands with links, pinches my arm hair and bugs the hell out of me.

Any suggestions for a decent, inexpensive (around $100 bucks, this is r3v donchaknow) watch that wouldn't look stupid? My off work dress is usually cargo shorts and t-shirts while at work I wear polo's and jeans...if that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                            Son of a bitch, I've been wanting to get into watches lately but I have relatively small wrists and most men's watches look absurd. Also I don't like bands with links, pinches my arm hair and bugs the hell out of me.
                            For you - this one:

But seriously, check out Timex's Weekender. Throw on a NATO strap and you're done.
                            2011 1M Alpine white/black
                            1996 Civic white/black
                            1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Originally posted by einhander View Post
                              For you - this one:

But seriously, check out Timex's Weekender. Throw on a NATO strap and you're done.
                              Haha, dick.

I'll check out it out, thx.

Comment

Our people tend to like the GShock watches. I wear one every day. It's definitely not a super dress watch but for business casual it fits in pretty well. Mine was around $100, it's solar powered, and radio controlled so it sets itself. I have the Mudman GW-9000A

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                                i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                                Originally posted by slammin.e28
                                Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Working...
                                X