E30ls1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30ls1

Also wanted to thank everyone for looking over this thread and commenting. I only wanted to make one so I can one day in 10 years or whatever come back and just read and see how much stress the damn car has put me under haha.

Also we have a meet every Sunday. Everybody knows I'm building an e30 but have no idea what I'm dropping in it. This meet was different. One of my best friends told me that he had a surprise for me and I had no idea what it was till I heard the sound of air purging. FOUR E30s come up. 4! And one was on air. Another one had an s50 and two other red ones came. Everybody was like oh this is killing Rey, reyhan can't look at this. And one of my friends posted a pic on Facebook with the caption "sodium levels are high tonight for this guy "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Reyhan335; 01-11-2016, 11:42 AM.
    e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Keep it up! Don't give up!
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Well as y'all know since y'all have came down to here , I've spent my budget already and I'm nowhere near close t being finished. A lot of things have popped up.

But guess what I just got a killer deal on thanks to my boy in Ohio that I met over r3v. I'll let the pictures do the talking. Thanks for maxing one of my credit cards man haha.

You guessed it.
        75561 fronts, air house 2 rears, viair 400c, 5 gallon tank, v2 management

The other e30 guys said it was nearly impossible to get an e30 on air. So I decided I was gonna do it. Even though I could've used the money to go into the swap I couldn't pass up the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
          Keep it up! Don't give up!

I'm trying! Haha

Comment

Nice, keep the build going. I hope I can go air one day.
            First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by z28 View Post
              Nice, keep the build going. I hope I can go air one day.

Thanks man! I've always wanted to go on air too. Just didn't know if I wanted to do my e93 or this one. If I happen to like it then I'm sure I'll get it for my other car haha. Always look at these forums man there are deals everywhere!

By the way if anybody has any ideas I could do or anything you may think of. Just drop it below. I didn't think many people would look at it but I like how active this forum is getting.

Comment

Alright everybody finally got to do something today.

changing out the steering shaft. Thank god I had help from my boy Chris. Let me tell you about him. He has a convertible e30 with a 5.0 ford motor that he put in himself in a garage as well.
                Here's some pics of his ride

Alright well I got two flaming river u joints and Chris has some of the stainless steel piece that he had left over from his swap. So Taking off the old steering shaft felt impossible. Lol. So after an hr or so trying to take it off we get a grinder and start chopping it off. Haha. Well I opened the pack for the Ujoints and 6 of the screws/nuts fell on the ground and disappeared. I found 5 and lost one. So whatever I guess haha. But here are some pics.

Cutting time

Thank god for this

That's it.
                Also the machine shop called me and told me the heads are done...$425....
                Now I have to take him the block to put the cam bearings in and I'll be putting the motor all together
                While we're doing that he's also gonna cut and notch my oil pan. Woot woot

Comment

Rebuild kittttttttttttt.
                  Cam bearings. Crank bearings. Piston bearings. Piston rings. Woooooooot woot

Comment

Awesome job, can't wait to see more.

Comment

Did you buy the motor from a business or a private party? That sucks man, glad you seem be be handling it so well and are making awesome progress.

Comment

Originally posted by DucDucSTFU View Post
                        Did you buy the motor from a business or a private party? That sucks man, glad you seem be be handling it so well and are making awesome progress.

It was on eBay. So I private message to him to do a sale on PayPal alone. EBay takes 10% so I told him I'll give him the money if he gave me a discount. I should've just bought it from eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor1981 View Post
                          Awesome job, can't wait to see more.

Thanks!

If only I was rich and could just afford everything right now. But gotta take it one step at a time.

Comment

Alright finally sneaked out of work and went to the shop and picked the block up. I need to find out how to get it from rusting. Stupid condensation. I'll buy a tarp or something. But picked up the block and took it to the machine shop. (I need him to put the cam bearings in because he has a special took and honestly I rather pay him $50 than for me to do it without that tool) he showed me how clean the heads were so I was like. How much would it be to clean the block. He said $75 so I was like "might as well do that too"

This project is already costing me an arm and leg. But I might as well make it perfect when I can.

Comment

Also got the speed master headstud kit too!

Comment

Alright everybody. After about three weeks or maybe longer the heads and block are finally out of the machine shop.

Here's what's been done as shown on receipt

Clean heads
                                Surface flat side
                                3 angle valve job
                                Replaced valves
                                Cleaned block
                                R&r cam bearings
                                ck valve springs
                                Install springs and retainers m

Came up to $535.

Here are some pictures. (The good stuff)

I texted my friends that I'll be rebuilding it and putting it all together on Friday. So let's see how many friends will come.

Friday objectives.

1) hone cylinders
                                2) put it all together.

Comment

Working...
                                X