Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Gurney Flap Aero

Hey guys,

Wanted some advice from aero gurus. I have a Zender Evo spoiler that will finally be going on the car after years of hoarding this rare piece. The spoiler utilizes a gurney flap just like the evo M3 spoilers.

I have the stock flap it came with but at full height is only extends about an inch and half back and up.

I'm planing to work with Kooglewerks who does some great custom aluminum work to build a custom flap for the spoiler. I just ordered there front splitter which looks like a great piece.

My questions is what style and angle would provide me with an good amount usable downforce on track and make this functional. I've been reading up on downforce and angle but wanted some input.

Thanks!
    sigpic
    1991 318is S52
    1987 325i Vert
    1991 325i
    2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

..depends on the rest of the aero on the car.

and your average speeds.

It all works together, front splitter, dive planes, vortech generators on the roof, ride height, rear diffuser, wing height and attack angle, width..etc.

And even then, you tweak the aero to solve a problem. Is there too much front downforce? Is there too much in the rear? Are you losing speed at the top end...etc.

Smarter people could probably knock out an answer for you, but they would need feasible data to build a logical case.

If you want to go at alone, definately look in to some Carroll Smith's books to get you started.
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
    X