Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for input: Most comfortable period seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had the Recaro LX seats in my e30 and though the seat is comfy and period correct the seat base makes it sit higher than the stock sport seats. I haven't tried installing them with my "Planted" base yet as that eliminates the adjustability, so instead just rocking the stock sport seats again.

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
      I've had the Recaro LX seats in my e30 and though the seat is comfy and period correct the seat base makes it sit higher than the stock sport seats. I haven't tried installing them with my "Planted" base yet as that eliminates the adjustability, so instead just rocking the stock sport seats again.
      How tall are you?
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Aren't the "Massive Lee" Recaro adapters w/ stock E30 sliders actually lower than stock?
        1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
          Aren't the "Massive Lee" Recaro adapters w/ stock E30 sliders actually lower than stock?
          Possible. My seats are coming with mystery sliders, so I'll have no idea what I'm looking at until they arrive. I'm sure it'll be better than the comfort seats no matter what, they sit pretty high relatively speaking.
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Soooo the seller backed out on my payment and appears to be taking a higher offer from Ebay. I'm now back on the market for LS-Cs, and also fairly disappointed.

Comment

Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Please spend too much money on these

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                  Please spend too much money on these
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-RECARO-...hYgx74&vxp=mtr
                  Believe it or not, I emailed that guy about other seats he may have. The blue would...seriously clash with my interior, but I could definitely rock a black/gray combo I think. The sucky thing is the pair I had lined up had the air adjustment and the width adjustment knobs and things...so now I kinda want that stuff, haha.

Comment

Well, if all else fails...

Drove a couple miles on one to pickup a seat once. Very safe feeling. Like sitting on a $10,000 Bride.

Comment

Man, if I were you I'd feel like I dodged a bullet - other than the E30 sliders, those seats were dogs IMO. Something with power adjustment, etc. is more at home in a 5 series than an E30, IMO.

Seriously, MCK Recaro. Look him up on Facebook or Instagram. You'll be able to find a nice LS-C at a reasonable price - and if he doesn't have any in stock now, he will shortly.

Comment

So upon further research, apparently the lower bolster width adjustment was only made available with the control-panel seats? I feel like that would be a really useful feature to have on the seat...Other than that, I wouldn't mind an all-manual seat at all. I'll message that guy and see what he thinks.

Edit: I'd like to have as much adjustability in the seats as possible, because I plan to keep them (and the car) for a very long time. I drive the car every day, so it would pay off to make any adjustments I may want. If there's a manual seat that offers all the options, that's the one for me. I messaged him and I'm trying to narrow down what I'm looking for with him.
                        Last edited by ELVA164; 03-04-2017, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I don't think so - according to the brochures I've seen, there were seats with manually adjustable bolsters. For the lower bolsters there was a little knob near the front under one of the bolsters that would adjust it.

Actually finding one such seat - that might be tricky.

Comment

Figured it out! A member here was nice enough to share this link:

General Porsche Discussions Forum - Recaro Resource Guide - RECARO RESOURCE GUIDE http://www.recaro.com/uploads/pics/head_meilensteine_sitzent_02.jpg ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

It looks like I'm not actually looking for an LS-C. I'm looking for a Model C Orthoped! Apparently it was a higher-end seat (of course...) available in a variety of cars. Aaand they made a manual version for Audi Ur-Quattros, so they do exist... Somewhere.

Comment

I have a package arriving on Monday ;D;D

Comment

Very interested in see what's in the package!

...and how you mount them.

Comment

Working...
                                X