Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I crashed my E30 and need help from knowledgeable people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blunt sold me my valance last year. I just had to get it painted, but I believe ECS sells them too. Just go to RealOEM and crossreference part numbers, search them up and you might be able to get them altogether from a single vendor.
    "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
    The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

So you're making it beautiful again right away?
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
        So you're making it beautiful again right away?
        Don't forget the part where the broke high school kid is paying shop labor rates.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
          Don't forget the part where the broke high school kid is paying shop labor rates.
          Yeah, doesn't really sound like he's broke, not to mention he could easily do it himself.

Comment

I crashed my E30 and need help from knowledgeable people.

All the shop is doing is putting the passenger side fender back on correctly, fixing the dents in the hood, and fixing the rear quarter panel damage. Not to mention the "shop" is my dad's friends shop out back of his house where he works on cars and has a paint both. So no im not paying professional rates either.

edit- and I have the opportunity to trade some of the money I owe him for work, but yea I am broke I am 1.3k in the hole and that's without the front end parts for my car and without the money I'm gonna owe my dad's friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by J Mid; 03-14-2017, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Do yourself a favour and work off as much of the debt you owe the guy as you can. Its a lot more valuable of a lesson than just handing over some paper money.
              Steve • Toronto
              1991 318is • Brillantrot
              Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                Do yourself a favour and work off as much of the debt you owe the guy as you can. Its a lot more valuable of a lesson than just handing over some paper money.

Well that's the plan considering I have no money to hand over.

Comment

At least there's no school debt yet.
                  Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

yet.
                    t
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Hey, he may be interested in a trade! If there's any advice I could give to kids (and I did give this advice regularly when I taught), it's that there's absolutely no shame in taking up an apprenticeship in a trade instead of getting a hugely expensive piece of paper that's like an admission ticket to a soulless cubicle.

Comment

No argument. And after getting the useless paper, I really wish I'd gone to a trade school.

It took me years to learn how to fake it, and I'm still faking...

heh

t
                        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

any updates with pics on the progress? Just wondering is it auto or standard transmission? since your fixing the quarter panel hood fender etc are you gonna paint match/blend it? get the whole car repainted? Usually any quarter panel damage costs lots of money so you should appreciate getting hooked up. for the bumpers/valance cheapest way is to get any good condition, grey hound it, paint it or try calling bmw dismantling yards and see how much they would ship for you if the parts are still available. If you got extra money from saving on the shop you can buy new too at ecs. I tried looking for a good condition US e28 valance its almost impossible to find now. For valance and exterior parts i would go oem over aftermarket just for perfect fitment everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Cream View Post
                            any updates with pics on the progress? Just wondering is it auto or standard transmission? since your fixing the quarter panel hood fender etc are you gonna paint match/blend it? get the whole car repainted? Usually any quarter panel damage costs lots of money so you should appreciate getting hooked up. for the bumpers/valance cheapest way is to get any good condition, grey hound it, paint it or try calling bmw dismantling yards and see how much they would ship for you if the parts are still available.

I will update with pictures tonight! I haven't even seen the car yet, but I know it's done besides the valance and bumper. It's a manual. The guy repainted the hood and valance and said it matched pretty well. This car has been stored in a garage for all 25 years so the paint isn't super faded. Greyhound won't ship to where I live, we don't have a large enough population. I still need the valance/bumper and have had 3 people back out on selling them to me. One guy backed our after I had already payed him so that sucked. Maybe I will start a whole new repair thread!

Comment

sweet! Good to hear. Your zinno paint was super clean so im sure they were able to match it without much issue. The electrical on the other hand might be costly. I would see if your pops has a friend that could help you with that. Otherwise get find the wiring diagram from bently test the wires with a multimeter see if they have power and splice/solder together. i would avoid too many butt connectors if possible. You able to find the tail light as well? i would try calling all the wrecking yards to get everything together with shipping or take a day trip with your pops and check it out. Will your pops let you modify the suspension later on? You dont need power when you got handles. I got alot of twisty roads over here though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cream View Post
                                sweet! Good to hear. Your zinno paint was super clean so im sure they were able to match it without much issue. The electrical on the other hand might be costly. I would see if your pops has a friend that could help you with that. Otherwise get find the wiring diagram from bently test the wires with a multimeter see if they have power and splice/solder together. i would avoid too many butt connectors if possible. You able to find the tail light as well? i would try calling all the wrecking yards to get everything together with shipping or take a day trip with your pops and check it out. Will your pops let you modify the suspension later on? You dont need power when you got handles. I got alot of twisty roads over here though.

*Brilliantrot* (:
                                I'm really hoping that the electrical will he solved by putting all the lights that I'm missing back in. I did get a taillight and it is in the car. The suspension is already modified by the past owner. It has a full suspension refresh as well as KYB shocks and ST lowering springs.

Comment

Working...
                                X