Hard to let go of your E30?...*emotions/feelings inside*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLOT TWIST.

funnily enough....an E30 touring in descent shape came up....as has a full S54 swap at a within reach price.

I'd love to stay within the E30 family, and perhaps a Volvo 240 with LS can become a E30 Touring with S54?

THE WHEELS OF THOUGHT ARE IN MOTION...
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

i approve of this message
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I'll never leave the e30 family completely. However I have thought about selling or trading my 325i for something more practical like a e46, but that'll never happen.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Hard to let go of your E30?...*emotions/feelings inside*

What flyboy said in post#8
          I'm in a bind right now I've had one of my e30's for 6+ years and built it from nothing, I was recently told by the military I will be relocating from NC to WA and I have four cars and as nice as my E30 is it's the most likely one to chop. The reality of watching someone else drive away in it is well not actually a reality....... so what do I do?? Voluntarily parting with my e30 for another project/marque is not a reality either. Keep the car if you can . Take it from everyone here...... the car is beautiful and unique, it would be sad to realize just how much so watching someone else enjoy it. Especially after you've done so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Ryan, your car is fantastic. If I were you I'd only want to sell it for a better car. If you're gonna get a 240 the sedans are way better looking, but really if you want a Volvo, the way to go is a 780 Bertone.

Either way V8 swap volvos have been done for years. Paul Newman had one. But a Hartge tribute e30 is a much more elusive beast.

Get that touring if you're gonna sell it. And I feel the same way about my convertible every winter, and especially when it rains, but I think I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not selling it. A new car would just feel... empty.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
              What flyboy said in post#8
              I'm in a bind right now I've had one of my e30's for 6+ years and built it from nothing, I was recently told by the military I will be relocating from NC to WA and I have four cars and as nice as my E30 is it's the most likely one to chop. The reality of watching someone else drive away in it is well not actually a reality....... so what do I do?? Voluntarily parting with my e30 for another project/marque is not a reality either. Keep the car if you can . Take it from everyone here...... the car is beautiful and unique, it would be sad to realize just how much so watching someone else enjoy it. Especially after you've done so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Pay $1300 and have it shipped across the country?
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

after a long hard thought, and some pros/cons list I'm going to keep it.

It's ridiculous, it's just a material piece...an object but there's something that draws me to it and I simply can't let it go.
                does that make me materialistic?
                I take a look at other projects that have gone through a TON more work (Jordans, and others) but I suppose I'm a softie afterall.

I'm going to pickup the Volvo Wagon afterall.
                clean it up, bring it to stage 0, new paint and THEN after that's done...collect parts for the swap.

so once again...a brush with potential selling come and gone.
                she's staying on the market for an awfully inflated price however ;-)

I sincerely appreciate all those who shared input. you guys are the best (and glad/reassured I'm not the only one who feels that way towards a car lol)

Comment

Is this guy on r3v??

Now offered an e30 touring AND a mint e30 vert....

Comment

My car is FS right now in the PNW blog and starting to have 2nd thoughts
                    Just had it detailed by john Parker and it looks brand new
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                      I'll never leave the e30 family completely. However I have thought about selling or trading my 325i for something more practical like a e46, but that'll never happen.
                      I've thought about this too. I actually went and looked at a e82, e90, and an e46. Also a GTI. Nothing really made me feel like I do behind the wheel of my e30. The four doors would be more practical with two small ones at home but it's hard to justify spending an extra 5k-10k on something that isn't as rewarding to drive and has less character. That being said if my e30 gets hit and totaled I'd probably be on the hunt for a manual e46 touring with sport package, zhp or an imola red e38 740i sport. 10 years and counting on my e30 ownership. My dad still owns his 318i he bought new in '91. I don't think he'd ever sell it.

Comment

we became grandparents about 2 months ago. also, my wife changed jobs about the same time which meant she had to turn in the company camry. all this came together as a perfect storm which made the dinan 135i m sport impractical for our new lifestyle. (i have a thread here from when we purchased it if you are curious or don't remember)

as a result we are now the owners of a 2013 X1 3.5 xdrive sport. to my wife's benefit, she was keenly aware of how much loved that 135i. she offered to let me keep it as well as getting the SUV. the problem was that i would have needed to get rid of my collection of e30's. as much as i wanted to keep the 135, it took me all of about 1 second to think about the proper answer. i was like fucking hell the fuck NO! sadly, the e82 is now missing from our stable and it brings a tear to my eye when i think about it. however, i am a lot less sad than i would have been if the e30's had gone.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

^God, I don't look forward to the day I have to make a decision like that.
                          My Garage
                          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I just sold off the first of my E30s, my Mtech2 appearance. It was actually quite easy to resolve to do that since it felt so much heavier than my early IX and 87 turbo bomb and was never as much fun to drive hard.
                            The bomb will leave but only because I'll be moving the drive train to a chassis that works better for me.
                            The IX I'm not sure I could ever sell. Too much sentimental value, the wife loves it and the whole adventure of driving across country to get it makes it special.

I used to be the same way about the Early Broncos I had, then they got sold off and they're just too pricey to get back into now. I have to wonder if regular E30s will get too expensive (like the E30 M3).
                            Whatever
                            88ix coupe, 89seta turbo sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                              Are you a smaller sized dude Stan? I only ask because my wife had a sv650s (99) and I rode it a number of times. I found the suspension way under sprung for a guy my size at 200-210lb.
                              Yup, 155lbs at my fattest LOL
                              ;)

I find the FI SV650s have a bit more power (10hp, and 5tq) over the carb'd version of pre 03's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_SV650

For the cheap purchase price, attractive styling (with full fairing) and high reliability, there's really nothing better for something to bomb around town on. Highway rides tend to be kinda tedious as the front suspension has been lowered (looks nicer and gives better aerodynamics at highway speeds), but the downside is it gets exhaustive on rides to Squamish/Whistler
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I still really regret selling my first car, a 94 320 vert (e36) especially know that the weather is improving
                                Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Working...
                                X