No announcement yet.

E36 M3 - LS3/TR6060 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does keeping the bed hot limit lifting?
    www.classicdaily.net
    1970 m42 swapped 2002
    1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
    https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Nice work here, glad I clicked!

Jake, do you know the height of the ceiling in your garage off hand? I'm planning to re-model my garage to accommodate a lift, and I like the look of your setup.

Thanks,
      Nick

I miss the old BMW

Comment

thanks! It's 10 feet. I wish it was higher but that is all the city allows where I am. I had to use a lift with a base plate rather than over head bar

Next place will be 12+ feet with a full upstairs. And a whole bunch bigger....
        www.classicdaily.net
        1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

Cool man, thanks for the info! Can't wait to see how this turns out.

I miss the old BMW

Comment

The hot bed keeps the the ABS from shrinking by not allowing it to cool to the point of complete solidity. It keeps it hot enlightened to still be pliable. Are you printing on Lexa or plexi?
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I love seeing this build updated, where did you get that tubing notcher? I need one for my cage build in a few weeks.

Edit: found a HF one and a video on how to fix the issues with it. Only 36.00 bucks with my 20% off thing.
              Last edited by F34R; 04-05-2013, 10:12 PM.
              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Subscribed! Reading your M42 swap threads has me VERY tempted to swap one into my 2002. Keep it up, looks like you're having fun!

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
                --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                  The hot bed keeps the the ABS from shrinking by not allowing it to cool to the point of complete solidity. It keeps it hot enlightened to still be pliable. Are you printing on Lexa or plexi?
                  The bed is Lexan... I actually had to have a new one made (nice to have access to a waterjet). The first one was wrecked as an ABD print stuck so hard I couldn't get it off and ended up wrecked the bed. The current one has been working good.

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                  I love seeing this build updated, where did you get that tubing notcher? I need one for my cage build in a few weeks.

Edit: found a HF one and a video on how to fix the issues with it. Only 36.00 bucks with my 20% off thing.
                  I have a notchmaster. I was going to get the HF one but I plan to use this a lot when I make a subframe for the 79 mini honda swap coming late this summer.

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                  Subscribed! Reading your M42 swap threads has me VERY tempted to swap one into my 2002. Keep it up, looks like you're having fun!
                  thanks man! Let me know if I can help at all with an m42 02 swap. I have done 5 of them myself and helped somewhere around 20 people with their own.
                  www.classicdaily.net
                  1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                    I've been eyeing the super shaft and also the reach around from Swag. Down the road I will pick up both I expect.
                    Nice work Jake. Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option
                    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I was waiting for someone to mention the reach around. I'll remember your suggestion next time the opportunity arises.
                      www.classicdaily.net
                      1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

New rear suspension going in.
                        not a very good picture...

New grease in the axles

Two fresh axles ready to go in

Engine is coming back out tomorrow to make the new shifter carrier. I will probably also hang the rear trailing arms too.
                        www.classicdaily.net
                        1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

Nice work Jake.
                          1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                          Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Engine back out so I can make the New Shifter carrier.
                            Also got a 2010 camaro short shifter from LSR Performance. Has an adjustable height level too (not attached in the pics)

Here is where it needs to go. Round part will come up through the hole in the body.

Something like this will attach from the trans up to the carrier.....out of metal not wood sticks :)

I have to make a bushing that will fit in the spot on the trans and use the stock rubber insulator.

Debating if the carrier back mount should hook to the trans tunnel (like stock) or mount to the trans.
                            www.classicdaily.net
                            1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

Hung the rear trailing arms....sure is nice bolting up new parts.

www.classicdaily.net
                              1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

Made "bushings" for the shifter carrier to hook to.

Template out of paper

I will make the same thing on 1/4" steel and weld to the carrier and bushings. There will be a matching one on the other side. I am still not sure if the rear of the carrier will mount direct to the trans or the bottom of the trans tunnel. Stock it is to the trans tunnel but everything might be more solid connected direct to the trans.

Does anyone have any suggestions going either way?
                                www.classicdaily.net
                                1970 m42 swapped 2002

Comment

Working...
                                X