AutoX Part/setup Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump from the dead.

E36 rack went in with a solid steering guibo, new control arms& tie rods. Got an alignment after I failed to string align it and wrecked my new summer tires. The guys set toe to 0 and even camber marked on the plates, I'll max them out while changing tires out on autox days and they say that should give me a tiny bit of toe out.

M20 popped, and a cheap M52/ZF was practically dropped in my lap, so it is going in.
    That will bump my class up (not that it really matters)

While the car's been down I've been thinking about how much I dislike the pads/braking setup I have.

I'm strongly considering buying some PFC 08's and running them daily. They're cheap, and everyone seems to like them. A few people daily them and haven't whined yet. I do not want to change pads out for events.
    Advice?
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

You'll like the new engine combo,probably not the new class though.:)

I'm from Ontario and the guy to beat here in SM here went to this yrs Nationals in your backyard and set ftd both raw and pax by miles.

Tough go to be even a little competitive with an E30 in SM,good luck to you and enjoy yourself regardless.

Comment

I'd probably look at the Carbotech AX6 if you aren't planning on HPDE with the car.

I loved Carbotech's on my track rat Miata.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
        X