Ideal offset and fitment of 15x9 with a 225/45r15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stopsign01 View Post
    I know some people hate old threads being brought back, but these wheels are on sale for $300!!!!!!

Anyone have reviews of this wheel? That's a damn steal.
    Dang, looked up some of those wheels on instagram they look pretty nice for reps. I dig the silver 5 spokes and the ccw classics.

Comment

Theres a few more pics in my build thread-

Comment

Running the 225/45/15 Rival on a Konig Flatout 15X8 ET25, the curb protector interferes with the strut housing by 2.5mm. With a 5mm spacer, equivalent to ET20, there is 2.5mm clearance to the strut, and the fender is about flush. My car is not very low, I suspect there might be minor rubbing on a really low car even with rolled fenders. I'm not sure whether a 9 inch rim is going to fit in there with that much tire unless you move up from STX and can cut up the fenders. And then you wouldn't be running the Rivals anyway, as all classes > Street Touring allow R-Comp tires. The 9-inch rim at the same backspacing (not sure how that affects ET#) would move the tire slightly further from the strut, but not much since the strut/tire interference point is so close to the bead.

Edit - I'm talking about the fronts only. Back has more room.

Edit - If I remember correctly you can't pull the fenders in SCCA Street Touring: Rolled but not pulled is allowable.
        Last edited by funcrew; 01-23-2015, 01:43 PM.
        "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
          Running the 225/45/15 Rival on a Konig Flatout 15X8 ET25, the curb protector interferes with the strut housing by 2.5mm. With a 5mm spacer, equivalent to ET20, there is 2.5mm clearance to the strut, and the fender is about flush.
          Anyone who's in the 15x8 market should honestly just get the +20 TRM C1. Light, cheap and designed with E30s in mind.

Comment

I'm running 225/45/15 on my car with 15x9 et0 wheels....only 3mm spacer in front to clear the strut. no problems

Comment

Those FelgenWerks are tempting, but are they strong enough to tear and burn many sets of sticky wide beautiful rubber on track?

I wish TRM or Jongbloed made a 15x9 -3 offset...

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

Damnit I really have no business looking at wheels for the E30 right now, but that's is just stupid cheap for a good looking wheel...

Comment

Originally posted by dsobering47 View Post
                  I'm running 225/45/15 on my car with 15x9 et0 wheels....only 3mm spacer in front to clear the strut. no problems
                  Unless you were running 295's on that 15x9, you don't need a spacer to clear the strut.
                  Byron
                  Leichtbau

Comment

I have GC coils...the wheel contacts the strut without a spacer.

Comment

Working...
                    X