Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lotus Cortina race video thread! All videos in first post!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear view for the enduro is finished! There's one more session to upload, and according to people around the pit lane including event Grand Marshal John Morton, it was my most exciting drive! Stay tuned!

Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

This was my best session of the weekend, and probably my fastest ever! I started on pole in the IMSA under 2.5L reunion race filled with 2002s, Pintos, Alfa GTVs and GTAs, Minis, and the fastest 2L Fiat 124 Coupe I've ever seen. I definitely pushed a bit harder this session and cut a further half second off my best time!

Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

these guys raced at NJMP last month
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

^ You know, I've seen them (I think)on more than one entry for a race we attend but they never show! There was a MkII GT slotted to appear at this last event that also failed to show up. Wonder what the deal is.... There may be another IMSA reunion at NJMP this September, so maybe we can get them there!

Here's my last video of the Cortina from that weekend. It's the larger rear view of my IMSA reunion race, my best session of the weekend. If you want to switch back and forth between front and rear views, I have a link on each of these new videos to do that!

Comment

We got back yesterday from Pitt Race near Pittsburgh, and I have some pretty good video to show for it! I had never raced there before so I wanted to work on lines, but I was kept busy by groups of cars to work through, slight "excursions," and even a 2002 losing a wheel!
            Last edited by ELVA164; 07-15-2014, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Not to spoil the qualifying video, but I ended up third behind a Lotus Elan and an Elva MkVII S sports racer for the afternoon race. I had a great time holding off a Datsun 510 and lowered my time by almost a second!

Comment

youve come a long waaay........very cool.

love the vids as usual.

did the leaders have you on hp?..they seem to pull away on long straights...
                I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                  youve come a long waaay........very cool.

love the vids as usual.

did the leaders have you on hp?..they seem to pull away on long straights...
                  Thanks Joel!

I'm sure both of those cars have at least 10-15 more horsepower, but they also both weigh considerably less and punch a much smaller hole in the air. I was surprised I didn't lose more time under braking early in the race because the Cortina's brakes are really not performing that well yet. They still have the stock shoe compounds and stock drum diameter in the rear (compared to those cars' independent rear ends and four-wheel discs).

Comment

who you kidding....

brakes?...u dont even use yours!!

just watched the whole vid.....I saw you shake your head a bit after one pass, I think that driver was a bit frustrating, lol.

Geez,... understeer, oversteer, tight, loose.....you handled it all...

time to see you as a regular at Lime Rock Historics..aaaand then in a few yrs at........ GOODWOOD!

the car sounds strong..is it same exhaust as last yr?
                    Last edited by JRKOUPE; 07-18-2014, 11:15 AM.
                    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                      who you kidding....

brakes?...u dont even use yours!!

just watched the whole vid.....I saw you shake your head a bit after one pass, I think that driver was a bit frustrating, lol.

Geez,... understeer, oversteer, tight, loose.....you handled it all...

time to see you as a regular at Lime Rock Historics..aaaand then in a few yrs at........ GOODWOOD!

the car sounds strong..is it same exhaust as last yr?
                      Thanks for the kind words, I wish I could have more time to improve. I don't know which video I shook my head in, but I do remember shaking my head in qualifying the lap I passed the 2002 with the wheel missing trying to drive to a flag station, immediately after avoiding a car which STOPPED on-track in front of me. That was a shake-worthy lap. I do occasionally get...exasperated on-track but I try to minimize it because I know 99% of guys aren't doing anything malicious.

Goodwood would definitely be cool! I have a feeling our car and driver are a long way from fitting in there though...

The exhaust is the same, although we are having a bit of an issue at the collector; the pipe isn't quite long enough to completely cover the bottom of the header, so that might be causing some different sounds.

Comment

How's the weather up there? We are planning on leaving early tomorrow morning but the forecast looks iffy.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                          How's the weather up there? We are planning on leaving early tomorrow morning but the forecast looks iffy.
                          In Pittsburgh it looks like just about guaranteed rain today, but possibly clearer tomorrow. We're actually in Elkhart Lake now though, for the race at Road America.

For what it's worth, it's really nice here! :|

Comment

Mike's Lotus Cortina race video thread! New PVGP videos!

Saw my first cortina today. Never seen one in person before, surprisingly since I'm usually surrounded by vintage racers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414462562.865673.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	7171884

Spotted at Santos Italian Car service. Been hanging out at this shop since I was a kid. He's been covered on petroliscious

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414462645.550997.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	7171885

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Oh cool, I've heard of Santos I think, that or I know a different Santos on this side of the country who does Alfas. I wonder if they need that dashboard because I do... That's a very cool GTV, too! Always liked the look/sound of those.

As cool as they are to see, you can't really appreciate a Lotus Cortina until you see it in action. The one I usually drive really seems to be a crowd favorite whenever we bring it out.

Comment

I found this clip while going through some old footage from this past Summer. It's a funny short clip of my throttle cable popping out of its retainer seconds before leaving the grid for qualifying at PIRC. I tried using some more editing tools in this video, so please let me know if they're helping or hurting! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X