X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
      My POS
      Just did the timing components. 6 speed. black on black. full mtech. Got it about a month ago for the low.

Here's an interesting question; yours has the full mtech, but a different steering wheel than mine, which was interior mtech...does the e39 have two different mtech wheels?

Mine:

Comment

^ That's the one I have.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Your wheel is 02+ TSI, the rounder one is from earlier cars
          Byron
          Leichtbau

Comment

But the 540i MSport wasnt made until 03, so it is strange that Vtec has the older wheel. Unless I'm missing something. I'm glad E39 people exist on r3v. bimmerfoums can be kinda boring.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

bimmerfest.com has an excellent E39 subforum with tons of quality posts from the likes of bluebee, AnotherGeezer, cn90 and others.
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

The round airbag M wheel came with the 01 facelift, at least for M5s. I doubt the Mtech would have lagged a year behind.

Mine:

Bought it back in June 2005, and besides a fuel pump, water pump, some CPS, and brake pads, it's been a great car. I'm approaching 100k so it's time for a new clutch while I fix the leaky rear main seal. I'd say that's not bad for almost 9 years of daily driving :)
                Chris
                90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Hi, if interested I am parting an e39 98 528i. It is a manual.

Andy

Comment

That is just gorgeous cramer. Vtecs car is goreous too. I'm curious about it. I thought 540M-Sports came with the 18" M-Pars as well. Also it seems that the headliner is not the black headliner that comes in the M-Sports. Is that a pre-2003 540?

Were the M-Tech bumpers an option on earlier cars? Usually you see E39's with M5 replica bumpers. I haven't seen an E39 thats not an M-Sport with M-Tech bumpers.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

Originally posted by be34st View Post
                      That is just gorgeous cramer. Vtecs car is goreous too. I'm curious about it. I thought 540M-Sports came with the 18" M-Pars as well. Also it seems that the headliner is not the black headliner that comes in the M-Sports. Is that a pre-2003 540?

Were the M-Tech bumpers an option on earlier cars? Usually you see E39's with M5 replica bumpers. I haven't seen an E39 thats not an M-Sport with M-Tech bumpers.
                      You could get the Mtech as a package (cosmetics and mechanicals) or you can get the individual components, as with my car (I have the full interior, shadowline trim and suspension, but not the bumpers)

Comment

Here's mine. I love it, best daily driver ever.

Last edited by Asbradley21; 03-30-2014, 04:36 AM.

S54B32 swap in progress. Status: Getting There

Comment

love mine, it looks just like agents. only problem ive had was the original radiator went.
                          NEED SOME VINYL STICKERS???

Comment

My grocery getter. 528i / 5-speed / sport package / poser M5 front bumper.

$500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

Originally posted by be34st View Post

Originally posted by TSI View Post
                              You could get the Mtech as a package (cosmetics and mechanicals) or you can get the individual components, as with my car (I have the full interior, shadowline trim and suspension, but not the bumpers)
                              From what I understand there are two differences.

There's the M-technic/sport package which is the car with suspension, shadow window seals, and steering wheel. The seats are extra.

Then there's the M-tech sport model which is everything above but with seats standard and bumpers.

My wheel is the early m5 style since it's a 2001 model built in 2000. All cars built in 2001 and up came with the later model wheel.

The black headliner was an option on all cars including the M5. A lot of people say it came standard for M5's but it didn't. I believe is was $2200 extra back then.

Comment

Here are new pics of mine!

Swanny!
                                SUCKERS.

Comment

Working...
                                X