Weird headlight problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird headlight problem....

Alright so it seems after some searching that it's not uncommon to have headlight wiring problems on E30s....but I have yet to come across my exact problem, so.....pictures will be supplied below.....

So a discription of the issue...

Under normal ignition on, headlight switch pulled all the way out, the normal happens....the lows both come on...

But, when I go to hit the colum handle forward to turn highbeams on....the drivers side headlight turns off, the driver side high doesn't come on, but the passenger side does exactly what it should and both H&L beams come on.

I've replaced all four headlights with the appropriate silvania H5001 &H5006....

There is however no voltage to the driver high beam...

I swapped the horn relay and the low beam relay to test and got the same result, so the relays are good....and all fuses have been checked and came back 100%

Any info would be great, I didn't want to dive into wiring troubleshooting before I double checked with the gurus over at R3v....

Will upload pictures when I get on home wifi..... Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Originally posted by ChubbWubWub View Post
    Alright so it seems after some searching that it's not uncommon to have headlight wiring problems on E30s....but I have yet to come across my exact problem, so.....pictures will be supplied below.....

So a discription of the issue...

Under normal ignition on, headlight switch pulled all the way out, the normal happens....the lows both come on...

But, when I go to hit the colum handle forward to turn highbeams on....the drivers side headlight turns off, the driver side high doesn't come on, but the passenger side does exactly what it should and both H&L beams come on.

I've replaced all four headlights with the appropriate silvania H5001 &H5006....

There is however no voltage to the driver high beam...

I swapped the horn relay and the low beam relay to test and got the same result, so the relays are good....and all fuses have been checked and came back 100%

Any info would be great, I didn't want to dive into wiring troubleshooting before I double checked with the gurus over at R3v....

Will upload pictures when I get on home wifi..... Thanks!

After more testing, all four of the headlight fuses have correct power, and all headlights are properly grounded, starting to think the colum highbeam switch is to blame....

Any advice would be much appreciated

Comment

Working...
    X