No announcement yet.

So I have a chance of buying 1989 e30 m3, need some opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine was running and driving just was very high mileage.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I have an 89 M3 and right now bare shells are starting around 6k-7k, running DD are around 13k-16k and very nice examples are 20k +. Factoring what needs to be done is important but at the same time the car is worth x and work or no work that what it is worth. By what you explain I would say the car should easly be worth 8k-10k as is. Just know that what your getting in too and that they are very expensive to redo. I am in the middle of restoring mine and will be into it 25k-30k when I'm done, and I started with a very clean well taken care example that I paid 18k for just a year ago.

Comment

^^ WOW!

Yeah unfortunately I do not have that kind off a budget ;/
        On one thing I have to agree and that is these car will only go up and up in value..

So the car is definitely worth buy, but its gotta be a price that matches the condition, and honestly I from what i saw last week i think the number is $5-6k

Comment

btw I REALLY appreciate all you help guys!

This really is a great forum!

Comment

Originally posted by 89AlpineM3 View Post
            I have an 89 M3 and right now bare shells are starting around 6k-7k, running DD are around 13k-16k and very nice examples are 20k +. Factoring what needs to be done is important but at the same time the car is worth x and work or no work that what it is worth. By what you explain I would say the car should easly be worth 8k-10k as is. Just know that what your getting in too and that they are very expensive to redo. I am in the middle of restoring mine and will be into it 25k-30k when I'm done, and I started with a very clean well taken care example that I paid 18k for just a year ago.

i agree with the cost of repairs but your way off the mark on current prices.
            bare shells don't go for 6-7k, not even on s14.net where everyone thinks they have gold .
            i passed up on a 1988 m3 roller with new paint, rebuilt motor that just need to be installed in valley stream NY that the guy had to re list on eBay 3 times to finally sell it for 7200.00.
            at the time i had no room so there was nothing i could do.
            year and a half ago i got a very good roller off shitbay for 4800.00 (pics are in my photo) its the white one.
            again i had to sell it due to no room
            my red m3 in my photos was a rat but i only paid 6500.00 with a 480hp sr20 motor.
            and as some of you know just last week on this forum i got another m3 for WELL under 5000.00.
            I'm actually looking at a roller for my brother today in queens, body is mint but needs paint and needs a motor (he has an m20 in it, don't ask ) hes asking 7000.00.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on that one ;) "Live is too short no to do it" ;)

Comment

Originally posted by idobref View Post
                I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on that one ;) "Live is too short no to do it" ;)

now your talkin!

just buy it, store it, and just know its YOURS! who cares when you get to fixin it that can come in time.

cheers
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by M3TROY View Post
                  i agree with the cost of repairs but your way off the mark on current prices.
                  bare shells don't go for 6-7k, not even on s14.net where everyone thinks they have gold .
                  i passed up on a 1988 m3 roller with new paint, rebuilt motor that just need to be installed in valley stream NY that the guy had to re list on eBay 3 times to finally sell it for 7200.00.
                  at the time i had no room so there was nothing i could do.
                  year and a half ago i got a very good roller off shitbay for 4800.00 (pics are in my photo) its the white one.
                  again i had to sell it due to no room
                  my red m3 in my photos was a rat but i only paid 6500.00 with a 480hp sr20 motor.
                  and as some of you know just last week on this forum i got another m3 for WELL under 5000.00.
                  I'm actually looking at a roller for my brother today in queens, body is mint but needs paint and needs a motor (he has an m20 in it, don't ask ) hes asking 7000.00.
                  Yeah but you must admit you've been fortunate to find a few of those deals and jumped on them before anyone else could or would. Don't take them for granted.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                    Yeah but you must admit you've been fortunate to find a few of those deals and jumped on them before anyone else could or would. Don't take them for granted.

O no question im just saying his prices are a bit off and that there are deals out there that arnt as hard to come by as some make it seem.
                    just look at shitbay the past month under completed items.

Comment

I have seen many go for these prices and higher, I am my CCA club pres. and have been around them along time. I argree that you can find them for alot less at times. You seem to have done very well in finding great deals I just don't agree that there worth that low either

Comment

You can find deals on replacement pieces if your not in a hurry. I bought my complete m3 interior with heated front seats, front and rear cards, and rear seat, in black for $800 2yrs ago.
                        The deals are out there if your patient.

Ps i sold off my old ripped m3 interior for $850 all in, so i guess i made $50
                        Originally posted by codyep3
                        I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                        2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                        1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                        1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                        2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                        2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                        2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                        2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                        2010 F650gs twin
                        2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Working...
                        X