No announcement yet.

LS1 swap e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slip a small cam in it so it dont sound like a kitten purring!

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

well I will also be starting an Ls1 swap in my 4dr :D , nice to know theres a lot of ppl with hands on experience on here.

Comment

Originally posted by J308 View Post
        Sure why not. LS1s go into everything, E30s accept everything.
        just like the fine street whores they are ...

Comment

Just got mine done running smooth I'm not a BMW guy as much as a v8 guy an I k everything there is to k about the ls motors so if u need and harness help or anything pm me glad to help a fellow ls e30 guy

Comment

Working at a machine shop building all sorts of American v8's including ls1 motors that would be my pick out of them all. Being all aluminum they're so light I can carry bare the blocks by myself onto all the machines without any help of the other workers. You will never notice a weight increase when you drop that motor in your car. Also they produce good power from a camshaft and cylinder head upgrades. And they're fairly compact.
            Good luck with the build I'm sure it'll be a monster.

Comment

im starting a LSx gen swap on a 190D benz currently

was going to use my old e30 shell...too trashed from crash

if i can find a LS1 for 1500 or less i will get it but im looking to build a V8 car at the same time im building my S52 for my daily e30 so i might go with a 5.3/6.0 truck motor since they are way more plentiful and alot less money.

good luck on the LS1 swap post pics
              "God created turbo lag to give V8's a chance" Taylor D.

Comment

I have a 1989 325i and I was wondering if I could fit a 350 out of a 1972 stingray and if so would it fit a Turbo 400 trany fit or can I use the tranny I have

Comment

Originally posted by wasickaa View Post
                  I have a 1989 325i and I was wondering if I could fit a 350 out of a 1972 stingray and if so would it fit a Turbo 400 trany fit or can I use the tranny I have
                  Yes. People have been putting small block American iron in E30''s since they became used and cheap enough to use as swap recipients.
                  The smaller 350 trans will work so I'm sure the 400 will work. May need a little tunnel massaging though.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Do you know of any sites like e30v8.com but for Chevy instead of Ford?

Comment

email us at E30LS1@gmail
                      E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                      email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
                      E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
                      E30LS1@gmail.com
                      e30ls1.com

Comment

Originally posted by garretvs View Post
                        email us at E30LS1@gmail
                        /
                        Will your motor mounts work on an plain 350 not an ls1 ans do u know of an adapter kits so I can us my original 5speed transmission

Comment

Working...
                        X