Rob Siegel antics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob Siegel antics

Funny I look forward to others misery and finds. He and were conversing a few months ago. seems that a buddy and he were vying for the same car and it comical.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

I love his book. Will save this for my lunchbreak. Thanks!
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Rob comes to The Vintage every year. He's a good dude and eager to chat/share stories if you can ever get a chance to talk to him (quite popular!). Autographed a copy of Hack Mechanic for me.
      '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

"At some point, your head and heart meet, and together they make a decision. But not making a decision is a decision as well—to paraphrase William James—because if you make no offer, you don’t wind up with the goods"

I go through this every time I find a nice older car I wanna dd.
        Usually my head ends up winning, but it's a decision my heart can live with.
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
          "At some point, your head and heart meet, and together they make a decision. But not making a decision is a decision as well—to paraphrase William James—because if you make no offer, you don’t wind up with the goods"

I go through this every time I find a nice older car I wanna dd.
          Usually my head ends up winning, but it's a decision my heart can live with.
          I only really ended up with an M42 powered E30 sedan as my first BMW because the values/assumptions I assigned in a spreadsheet made it the best value of the bunch. The five or six candidates in that bunch were purely based on what I desired.

So, narrow down what you want to a few items and then let cold, unbiased logic make the decision. Then throw this completely out the window after your 3rd E30 or so, embrace the addiction, and accumulate stuff you don't need.

Comment

He's semi local to me. We have meet a couple of times dealing with parts and cars.

Comment

The BMWCCA mag (The Roundel) always had great writing in it. I use to read it cover to cover back in the day. Amazing stories like this - adventures of car shenanigans. There was one father/son 2002tii story I vaguely recall that had me in tears at the end.

If you ever come across a stach of "The roundel" mags at a car meet...be sure to grab them. They are kinda awesome.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Look in your local chapter classifieds for them. I had been getting the digital versions but they eat a lot of data.

Comment

Working...
                X