The Get Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Get Down

I'm sure we still got some people who enjoy a little hip hop education.

Discuss.
    Attached Files
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Its on my list. will report back soon
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Dang, there must be tons of Trump voters in here, to not see this or click in this thread.

Comment

^lolz

So far I liked it, but I have many friends (who are non-trump voters if you know what I mean) and weren't the biggest of fans. idk I don't see it being a smash but I personally enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brezzi View Post
          ^lolz

So far I liked it, but I have many friends (who are non-trump voters if you know what I mean) and weren't the biggest of fans. idk I don't see it being a smash but I personally enjoy it.
          Haha. I guess we don't have enough old school hip hop listeners around here.

Comment

Netflix, so hot right now. Netflix.
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
              Haha. I guess we don't have enough old school hip hop listeners around here.
              The demographic in here most likely doesnt know who Grandmaster Flash or Afrika Bambaatta is...

I watched 4 of the 6episodes of part 1 this weekend, most likely finish it tonight. I love it.
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

I'll pony up and say i have no clue. My wife and i watched straight out of compton. That was good enough for me.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

First episode was slow at the beginning but I thought the end picked up. Haven't had time to watch anymore episodes yet.

Comment

Big fan.

Sweet video to follow up on "The Theory" :up:
                    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Finished it last night, cant wait for the next part. Great show
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                        I'm sure we still got some people who enjoy a little hip hop education.
                        Definitely not the show where to get your hip hop education.

"The Get Down"

Great subject. Lousy execution. Perhaps one of the worst TV serie I have seen in years. If you guys are 50-something an over, you soon realize it's just fluff... And when it is supposed to be 1977 and Donna Summer's "Bad girl" is played as soundtrack to depict a scene, I say "WTF, that track came out only in 1979"... and that sums up the serie. Made by millenums for millenums. Trying to depict an era with 2016 looking glasses. Nop. The Bronx and what was later known as hip hop is not "The voice" or "America got talent".

And I thought that "Vinyl" was not very good... Couldn't go any lower than "The get down"

There are much better movies, most made in the early 1980s that depict depict the era.

Start with the usual suspects, although these are already "flicks for the grand public"

"Wild Style"
                        Trailer from the 1983 film. WILD STYLE was the first film to link graffiti, break dancing, DJing and document the birth of hip-hop nation.

"Break Dance"
                        Sfida a colpi di break-dance nell'underground di una metropoli americana degli anni '80... L'abbigliamento in queste immagini rappresenta vere e proprie gemm...

"Beat Street"
                        Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnSubscribe to CLASSIC TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u43jDeLike us on FACEB...

And nothing beats "Straight outta Compton"
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                        Last edited by Massive Lee; 08-30-2016, 09:02 AM.
                        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Anyone watching Hip Hop Evolution? Im on the second episode. Not a show like the get down was, more of a documentary. Pretty dope. Im enjoying it
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                          X