No announcement yet.

E30 SR20DET sprint car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started the subframe overhaul today, didn't get very far to be honest just stripped everything down to individual components.
    Here's some pictures.

Once everything's stripped down plan to stiffen the trailing arms up.

Comment

Where'd you get the California plate from? lol We should start selling North American trim to you guys, so you can be all USA spec :rofl:
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Where'd you get the California plate from? lol We should start selling North American trim to you guys, so you can be all USA spec :rofl:
        Ebay! I bought it originally for my ford.

Comment

Not done much over Christmas but order bits finally got some time today to do a bit so fit the four rear braided hoses and cut all the inner skin out of the boot and started to mount it on pins and spring locks.

Also managed to get other takata harness at a good price for the passenger side.

Comment

Nice build!!
            [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
            ---------------------------------------------------------------
            [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
            ---------------------------------------------------------------
            Transaction Feedback

Comment

I've been cleaning the subframe this and got a coat of paint on it tonight. Only brushed on some Hammerite but it'll do to make it look a bit prettier and also I've welded a strengthen plate across the top diff mount.

Comment

No subframe adjustment tabs?
                Might as well make alignment adjustable while youre in there.
                We're in deep now boys
                1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                1988 340iL - Track car
                My M60 V8 swap thread here
                [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
                  No subframe adjustment tabs?
                  Might as well make alignment adjustable while youre in there.
                  Just had a look at them, this is my first e30 so not sure on everything I've ordered a set today so hopefully they'll be here this week. Also finished off the trailing arm stiffening.

Comment

Here's my progress over the past few weeks, everything has been fit today but the prep work has been on for a while now.
                    Camber and toe tabs fit

Larger master cylinder fit.

Subframe and diff re fit.

Passenger harness installed.

Fuel tank permanently fixed down and plumbed in.

Boot pins fit

Good to see it back on the ground now! I've got around 6 weeks to finish off the last bits untill my first test day.

Comment

Progress has been made only 3 weeks left tI'll my test day.
                      Fuel pump has been wired up

Boot hole has been filled and filler neck and return line have been fitted.

And the bits have arrived for my side exit exhaust, was just going to replace the back box but to save clearance underneath in case of an off I thought it made sense to tuck the exhaust up in the fuel tank well and bring it out the side.

Lots of last little finishing off jobs to do hope to have the exhaust nearly done next weekend and the brakes all bled up.

Comment

Today I managed to tack the bend on and offer it up to the car which went well so can move onto making the back box now.

Also made up my door cards

Comment

Finished exhaust off today (well my grandad did) packed it full of wading and took it for a test fit and to start the car up for the first time with the new fuel system on.

Brakes are to be bled up next Sunday and I need to cut a small section of sill out for the tip to come from and make some hangers up for it. Expected it to be really quiet but there's still plenty of noise there. I've got two weeks to go before test day.

Comment

Video of it running .

Comment

Working...
                            X