No announcement yet.

Value of 27k mile e30 vert 2.5 manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How on earth did no one write $3.50? If it were a sedan I'd go as high as $3.75.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
      1-15000$
      He was spot on! 3 fiddy and all.
      ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

That looks like an excellent car. Impressively low miles, but of course that's not too uncommon on verts, especially in regions that don't get a lot of sun.
        Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Yay I was right on the money! Good for you finding a time capsule. Now, like others said, it's time to stretch her legs!

Comment

Not so fast...

Seller now coming remorse, wants two days to think. Bummer. Backup plan is 1989 I posted above.

Comment

Originally posted by rich4rdee View Post
              Have to respectfully disagree. Without knowing the year or flaws, verts are the least desirable models IMHO, after sedans. If it was a flawless Mtech-2 maybe, but my guess would be more towards $15k, no more than $20k if it's perfect.
              Ten years from now when they're priced out of reach, you guys are gonna kick yourselves for passing on them when they were dirt cheap. IMHO.

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
              Personally I would only pay top dollar for a face lift vert, would never bother with a diving board version
              Meh. I think the face-lifted versions look like they're trying too hard to be "modern." Kind of like the clipper kits on the VW Cabbies.

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
              I remember verts when they were new. The seats were like butter. That was the quinesstential e30 before people thought they were race cars. Look at any movie or poster from the 80's early 90's. Many of the e30's were verts. I imagine this car is practically new being enthusiast owned and having only 28k miles. It's not a barn or swamp find that needs restoration like many old cars with this kind of mileage. They obviously only drove in perfect weather.
              x2. These cars were the shit in their day and they're the last of a breed. Seriously, if you can't have fun with one of these on a summer day on your favorite road, you might be a miserable human being.

Last edited by bmwtool; 12-12-2016, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwtool View Post

x2. These cars were the shit in their day and they're the last of a breed. Seriously, if you can't have fun with one of these on a summer day on your favorite road, you might be a miserable human being.

i love verts. my biggest complaint is the road noise above say 45mph. with the top down, its rather brutal. lucky this one has the wind screen with it.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                  i love verts. my biggest complaint is the road noise above say 45mph. with the top down, its rather brutal. lucky this one has the wind screen with it.
                  WHAT, WIND NOISE YOU SAY, WHY I NEVER?!

I rather liked the vert I had for a short time, even though it was an automatic. If it weren't for the clattery M20 I might have kept it, but if I had it would still be worth $2600+inflation in 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by mjposner View Post
                    Seller now coming remorse, wants two days to think. Bummer. Backup plan is 1989 I posted above.
                    Oh no that's too bad. Can't say I am too surprised though.
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      I have a wind screen and can cruise down the interstate at 80 mph all day. I can carry a normal conversation at this speed. If you want whisper quiet then don't own a vert. Wind noise and fresh air is a critical part of the experience in owning a vert.

Comment

+1 love my wind screen. Makes cruising on the highway 100% more enjoyable

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Seller Remorse, options thoughts

Thanks for all the feedback. i too love verts, I also own a 2013 M6 Convertible and a 1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible. I had a 1992 E30 vert, but I hated its autobox, its tan interior and its leaks....

The windscreen is useless to me because I am tall and long legged and can't position the seat with the windscreen up. The E30 secret is to put the front windows up 6 inches, changes the wind dramatically.

Assuming the low mile seller bails, my other option is this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-BMW-3-S...m=192042264685

It would be delivered to me with a new tb and waterpump for $10,500+/- (I am 1,000 miles away). Seller is okay with ppi at local Euro car repair facility.

And discuss.....

Comment

Other than interior color, that car is a clone of my 89 as I bought it 6 years ago. IMO there are 2 items that justify paying a premium for the car you posted. The Ronal LS 15" x 7.5 wheels look to be from the original runs of these. you can tell by the shape of the dimples on the center caps being more round than triangular. That being the case they should be hub-centric without the need for spacers or rings and have the perfect offset for the car. A used set in good condition would probably be about $900 so that is a plus. The other item is the all California history. While CA history is often more important for coupes/sedans than verts because many verts were not daily drivers, it is still typically a huge bonus over a car that lived in a cold/wet climate. Undercarriage looks clean from the pics.

Last edited by DJMCGARM3; 09-15-2019, 07:15 AM.

Comment

If you could only take off the jersey tag....

Seller called me, at first he said no, did not want to sell, but after talking awhile, he said give me one more day, so......

Comment

Sounds like he wants more money

Sometimes its best to walk away and revisit the issue in a few months.

If you have his #, just keep it and call him in a few months. When he is ready to sell, you'll know it.

Comment

Working...
                                X