X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how bout come down to hwy1 in cali? :P

"BMW Style 32 Poster-Child"
    HTTP://WWW.CLAVINZERO.COM/e30-5-lug
    **(My Guide to E36 M3/Z3 1.9L 5-lug Swap)

Comment

might be interested to go with DTM power... i think that would make organizing it a lot easier, and sucessful

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Originally posted by e30evolution
        might be interested to go with DTM power... i think that would make organizing it a lot easier, and sucessful

I will not go and most of the people on this forum will not go if DTM shows. Not our driving style, we choose life
        sigpic

Comment

ya last time I did a drive with dtm, I almost died like 3-4 different times.... Between getting passed in the breakdown lane at 100+ speeds and watching them pass R.V.'s around blind corners... I dont think I wanna be associated with that kinda thing.... I'm not trying to r3v my car on its first cruise.

Comment

I understand what you're saying, DTM does drive crazy, however they claim this one is a road rule abiding one... so we'll see. I'm planning on going since the loop has been a drive i've wanted to do for some time... and if they want to race, i'll just hang back with the sensible people. No need to get in a wreck or pick up a speeding ticket. I'm going for the drive, not to test the limits of my car.

Now if R3v wants to do a different drive, I'm up for that as well. Gotta get in all the driving I can before the weather turns to shit :)
            Chris
            90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

I am down either way, whether it is a large group with DTM or simply a few fellas out for a cruz... i am just looking forward to getting out for a nice drive before winter hits and i cant drive at all....And say we do follow the DTM group the cops are going to be watching everyone which would be no fun.... but the Olympic loop sounds good...

Comment

just dont drive like a dumbass and you will be fine

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

I might be interested but between work and school it's unlikely that I will have the spare time. is there a tentative date?
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

im thinking mid oct....maybe the weekend of the 15th or the 22nd.... there is also October Fest in Leavenworth... that is always a fun drive over Blewett or Stevens pass...

Comment

Originally posted by e30evolution
                      just dont drive like a dumbass and you will be fine
                      You don't have to be the one driving poorly to be in danger. If someone goes to pass me in a no passing zone and they hit someone head on chances are I get hit too. Or if they judge the spacing wrong when they pass people on the shoulder. Personally, I don't find driving with a bunch of people that are driving unsafe fun. I am more scared that I am gonna die than anything else. Whether they say it is gonna be a tamed down drive or not, I am not gonna chance showing up and things not going as planned.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cramer
                        I understand what you're saying, DTM does drive crazy, however they claim this one is a road rule abiding one... so we'll see.
                        They say that every time... and everything goes to shit 5 minutes into it.
                        James Peacock

WWFSMD?

Comment

I was on that drive with the DTM peeps. No way in hell should we even consider a drive with them. This is a drive, not a death wish. I was lookin at (google maps) I think highway 503 or something that goes up to the observation place on Mt. St. Helens, looked like a pretty curvy road... Anyone actually know? I've been up there before just not in I while. Seems like a pretty cool place to meet up though. Like meet in some town before then drive up there, take photo's and drive back.
                          PNW E30 CREW ///

Comment

Im game for whatever, just no dtm guys. Some of them were real cool people, they just drive like asshats every time Ive been around them on drives... I have no need nor want to be around that.

Comment

The Drive to Helens sounds fun... And i am cool just taking a nice drive without dying, as i almost did tonight... Its always fun going for a nice drive passing someone and before you know it you getting passed and finding a beer bottle in you back seat that came through a window..............scary.... But anyways fellas im up for anything....

Comment

mid october? I dont know if I cold make it, I wish I could. damn I just got new tires too. I'll jump on the bandwagon and say DTM people are insane in a bad way, speaking from experience. Although I might be able to make it if there is a definate date and everyone is down.

Comment

Working...
                                X