F**K your 5 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB4 5toes.

Looks awesome Otis! Is your neck bleeding in the first video?
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
      Otis, I expect this will make an appearance in Winston Salem on Memorial Day weekend in 2014? ;) ;)
      I will be there come hell or high water.

Originally posted by F34R View Post
      IB4 5toes.

Looks awesome Otis! Is your neck bleeding in the first video?
      I was dressed as dracula the night before, forgot to remove the bite tats, lol.
      Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
        When I had the auto and hp22 at 7-8psi it was really fun until the auto began to die.
        Death is something the C4 laughs at.

Originally posted by FLG View Post
        BMW is 5 speed, but my Charger is 727 with full reverse manual vb... proper autos have their purpose!
        Love it.

This video is awesome. The amount of power the C4 robs combined with the fact that your car is bat shit fast is super impressive.

I would like to see HP numbers before and after the C4.

Very inspiring!

Comment

Hellacious.

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post

I was dressed as dracula the night before, forgot to remove the bite tats, lol.
            HAHA! that is awesome.

Side note, you're the reason I put an m30 in my e30. I love what you do man, always raising the bar and thinking outside the box. Noted I will not be downgrading to 2 pedals ;)
            Keep it up man.
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
              Now you can be a man and put a 5 speed in there.
              I'd take this auto E30 over most manual e30's on this site.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
              VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

+1 to that

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                  Death is something the C4 laughs at.

Love it.

This video is awesome. The amount of power the C4 robs combined with the fact that your car is bat shit fast is super impressive.

I would like to see HP numbers before and after the C4.

Very inspiring!
                  I was told the 5 speed robs more HP than the C4, it is way quicker than the 5 speed for sure. 1/8 time slip shows it is faster with less boost. Dyno comparison coming soon.
                  Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
                    I was told the 5 speed robs more HP than the C4, it is way quicker than the 5 speed for sure. 1/8 time slip shows it is faster with less boost. Dyno comparison coming soon.
                    I'd be stunned if that were the case, considering that the torque converter will burn some power as heat, and an auto trans has oil pumps and such that have to run. Any power turned into heat is not making it to the wheels, and I bet that C4 makes a lot more of it than the old 5 speed.

That being said, an auto will be quicker for acceleration, regardless. You don't have to lift to shift, so no time lost spooling between gears. Flat shift can help with that, but an auto can still often shift about as fast, if it's built like yours appears to be. You can also build boost by brake torquing, I would imagine, and that helps.

I think people underestimate how enjoyable it can be to drive a powerful car with a built auto and/or manual valve body. My old caprice had a somewhat modified reverse-pattern 2004r in it, and that thing was hilarious to drive hard. Even worked pretty well on a road course, and the instructor I had got a kick out of heel and toe downshifting in an automatic, haha.

When you shift in the video, it sounds like your revs rise and then come back down, like it's momentarily going though a neutral zone or something. None of the automatics I've had, built or otherwise, have done that. What's going on there, or am I just hearing things?

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                        lol, Ok I'm uploading two more and post them on the first page.

Comment

Someday I would love to check out that passenger seat :P
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                            Someday I would love to check out that passenger seat :P
                            Anytime John, best to come out my way for a ride.

Comment

Holy shit.
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Can't wait to see thing on 27th. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X