Fitting a "raceonusa tech 2 kit"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So someone finally pulled the trigger.

I think the fitment is exactly what should be expected, more of the same bullshit that plagues the automotive industry.

It requires professional grade bodywork to make it happen to any level of acceptable.

Which means the guy I spoke with over the phone way back when is totally full of shit.

I just wish honesty and ethics (not to mention craftsmanship) were a part of daily life here in Amurrika.

So, you get to fix it. I can see already that it is gonna look amazing, get the damn thing done, man!

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

When i saw rivets, i was like "wow, this guy's a dumbass and ruined the kit"

Then I saw you shaving the badge, and "Damn, i want to do that, he probably going to body fill over the rivets"

Can't wait to see how it all looks, good luck man.

Comment

I would have just re glassed the top of the bumper instead of riveting it to the car. I had the upper sections of my bmp bumpers glassed cause they looked like homer's lip. One year later they are still straight and smooth. Food for thought.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
          When i saw rivets, i was like "wow, this guy's a dumbass and ruined the kit"

Then I saw you shaving the badge, and "Damn, i want to do that, he probably going to body fill over the rivets"

Can't wait to see how it all looks, good luck man.
          Same, I was in shock when I saw all the rivets. I probably would have done them in a little more organized fashion, but I'm anal as hell about that shit. Should be great when it's done!

Comment

I talked to one person in specific about 2 years ago... when I was looking at these kits. Who bought one and installed it with the help of a body shop.

It is absolutely just rediculous that nothing fits, and everything has to be modded or molded professionally to look oem from 50 ft away.

I also spoke to two or more people from raceonusa, they assure me that it will fit just fine without trimming. How do these people live with themselves everyday?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
              Same, I was in shock when I saw all the rivets. I probably would have done them in a little more organized fashion, but I'm anal as hell about that shit. Should be great when it's done!
              josh, keep in mind that a nice neat row of rivets means all the stress is shared along a "fault line", and would be more likely to fail.

Random is better.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                josh, keep in mind that a nice neat row of rivets means all the stress is shared along a "fault line", and would be more likely to fail.

Random is better.
                Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post

you think the rivets are bad?
                  You should see how this guy on e30tech mounted his bumper..

Fitting a "raceonusa tech 2 kit" - e30tech.com Forums

Comment

Originally posted by e30this View Post

Its the same guy! :loco:

Comment

The whole shitfest has been deleted, that would be par for Emotech.

What I wanna see if what this cat has gotten done so far.

From what I can tell (and believe me, I have seen/done way more projects than average, they can go through shitty phases) this is gonna be sweet.

Closing SOON!

Comment

I picked up some fiberglass today actually.
                        But I was busy replacing the dash in the 89 Im selling.
                        I hope to have some time to work on the car this week.
                        Tomorrow is going to be close to 100 out so I dont think I will get to much done then.
                        Soon though.

Comment

I picked up some fiberglass today actually.
                          But I was busy replacing the dash in the 89 Im selling.
                          I hope to have some time to work on the car this week.
                          Tomorrow is going to be close to 100 out so I dont think I will get to much done then.
                          Soon though.
                          Think of this: you need way less catalyst in 100 degrees....

Closing SOON!

Comment

I need a/c too..lol

Comment

couldnt you just remove the emblem and fill the hole up with bodyfiller?

Comment

Originally posted by haso View Post
                                couldnt you just remove the emblem and fill the hole up with bodyfiller?
                                Of course, but you risk it cracking down the line. Looks like no half ass job here! :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X