My New M30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New M30

Well I finally got my big list of nuts and bolts from BMA. I was missing a few and replaced a few too.

So this has been a long journey but I am excited today. I got really far with the motor, have it all wired up. This weekend hopefully I will get the tranny bolted up. After that I will be hauling to my BMW mechanic, he said he's "proud" of me keeping a old BMW going so he's going to check her over to make sure this novice didn't mess anything up.

--There are a couple things I might need some of your advice on though.

So whats new...
    Basically the entire head, cleaned, valve job, banjo clips..ect.
    Euroshark painted my valve cover and intake mani w/ 3.2/3.5 delete. Both are textured black w/ polished stripes/letters.
    ALL gaskets are new
    Almost all bolts/nuts are new
    Mustang injectors

-Tranny has new urethane mounts, M3 tranny support, and motor has Funkmasta's b34 mounts (should be recieving tomorrow)

I know its not quite done yet but its coming along a lot faster then I expected..I have turned EVERY bolt on this thing...took it out of the car alone...everything. I have had the mechanic check over things though

--Here she is with a blown head gasket and a warped to shit head

--Me taking it out

--What it looks like now...Ta Da

So there it is, before I wired it up. I was really inspired by George Graves and how he did his motor so I thought I'd do it similarly..top notch quality.

Really nice job. I'm doing the same to an m50 right now
    so I now how much work it is.

Scott
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I don't know how far you are but when the point comes that you start putting back together, all teh hard work starts to become worth it.

This is my first swap so I feel like I am learning a lot and hopefully can share with others that try to tackle one down the road.

Comment

Everything looks gravy, but you might want to work on that intake...
        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

haha, that was the first thing that I put in the trash. I have an OEM that I will be installing. The swap was done by the PO that ran it dry of coolant.

Comment

Good to see this thing taking off finally! Good luck!
            www.ryanwhopkins.com

Comment

Looking good man! I bet you'll love it and grin everytime you drive it :)
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

nice! You will LOVE the TQ!
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                X