X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325i Goin' No Where...

AND I'M TAKIN EVERYONE WITH ME.

Anyways.

90' 325i. 227xxx miles, odometer doesn't work, probably has like a billion miles on it.

Drove 1000 miles/19 hours to pick it up. Ran flawlessly on the way back, other than the fact that it died before I left, which revealed some jury rigged connector on the fuel pump.

Tires are SHOT SHOT SHOT. Debated driving back on them even. Replacing with Falken 912s on the bottlecaps.

Mechanically car is pretty sound, compression test came back allright, lowest was #2 @ 155-60psi, all others were around 170-180psi. Clutch and drivetrain feel good, no slipping or anything like that, shifts smooth and is noise free.

Biggest issue I'm dealing with now is the body, which from what I can see had apparently been towing a boat at some point, and the PO went to the dead sea and backed the car a bit to far into it, dipping the rear end in the salty ass water. Everywhere else is ok, but the damn rear end is just naztee. Probably going to end up replacing the whole tail section, and part of the left rear fender. Just going to try to stop the cancer from spreading.

Needs brakes as well, going to throw in rotors, pads, do a bleed with ATE super blue. Broken high beam, and a broken fog light are a few of the other minor issues. Also need to fix the gas gauge, and I think the temp gauge may be on the fritz as well, seems like it's a little cool. Either that or the t-stat is stuck open.

The pictars:

Works great and doesn't leak, which surprised the living hell out of me!

Say no to crack!

Those of you with younger viewers may want to have them leave the room, the following images may be considered graphic and/or disturbing...

So much for hauling bodies around...

This here is the battery tray area. Seriously, WTF?

Ewwwww.

This had tape wrapped around it, fuel level sending unit. Brilliant.

Annnd the fuel pump connector, also broken...

Managed to sand down and remove some of the rust spots for now, they'll return eventually, but I don't think I can stop the insanity that is rust. Going to just replace the whole tail section and the corner that I primed.

Planning to stroke and turbo it, as well as rebuild the suspension completely with GC coilovers and all the other little goodies. Will also be gutted and caged for super track fun time trial goodness.

On a side note, I'll have a bunch of nice interior pieces for sale over the next couple of months. :D

-
    "Our mother of blessed acceleration don't fail me now."

what does the under side of the car look like?? subframe, TA, diff etc...
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Interior looks mint!
      -Pierre
      1987 535is
      1988 325is

Comment

How much did you pay for that car it looks familiar.

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
        I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
        "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Car looks nice other that the rot. I would crawl around under that thing and go over it with a fine tooth comb. With that much cancer in teh back I wouldn't be surprised if it was elsewhere. I would prolly even pull up the carpets and check under them as well. Good you you are saving it now before it goes to the scrapper.
          Matt

sigpic

Comment

Realized with the rain today why the trunk is so bad.

When the battery box area rotted away, all the water and whatnot got thrown up into the trunk, so that's what caused all that. Rest of the car looks good, just pulled the back seat out yesterday, nothing rotting.

Got tires yesterday, now I just need to do:

Valve adjustment
            Every Damn Fluid In It
            Sea Foam
            Plugs
            Vacuum Hoses
            Brakes

Then I should be good till she gets ripped apart again over teh winter.

-
            "Our mother of blessed acceleration don't fail me now."

Comment

Working...
            X