• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
    Thats a e38 7 series (95-to 01)
    I retract my previous statement.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

That realoem image is taken from the E39 540i page. I dunno. Look it up. I did thrust rod bushings in my 540i/6 (E39) and it was definitely that setup, as I had to move those steering arms around to get the bolts out of the bushings.

Someone prove me wrong.

Comment

Oh so sorry,the e39 540/e38 7 series has steering gear box and the e39 525/528/530 has rack and pinion unit. Just looked it up on all data.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
          Oh so sorry,the e39 540/e38 7 series has steering gear box and the e39 525/528/530 has rack and pinion unit. Just looked it up on all data.
          Ah, that would make sense.

Comment

Yep, all V8 5 series had a box, I6 had steering racks

Comment

E28 with m20 engine with autotragic. But has to be done nice. Even if it has the diving boards they clean up nice and with comfort.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

i owned an auto 1992 525i for about a year and put close to 100k on it in that time. was VERY comfortable and performed admirably in snow for a RWD car. even though it had the smaller engine and was auto, it was still a pleasure to drive. Currently i have a 1984 533i that is less comfortable, has less creature comforts, and doesnt fit a car seat for a child nearly aswell. that said, i would take the e28 any day, as i like music no one has heard of :D

Comment

Working...
                X