1991 318 Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 318 Convertible

For sale is my 1991 318i Calypsorot Convertible. I purchased it November of last year with the intentions of making it a show car. I am, at the time, unable to give it the home it deserves, however, so I would much rather have the car in the hands of someone who can properly care for it. The car currently has 151, 5xx miles. Clean title.

Interior:
    Interior is all original except for the Mtech 1 wheel. I do have the stock wheel. No cracks in dash. Factory sound system. All gauges work. Seats slide back and forth but are difficult to lock after reclining them. Passenger seat has a slight tear. Top is manual and folds without any issues. Rear window is in great condition.

Exterior:
    Car still shines and some might say better than some modern cars on the road today. 99% sure the car has been repainted, but can not confirm. Some dings though and rust on the car that I have pictured.

Engine/Transmission:
    Stock M42 with LSD. Not sure of the gear ratio but I can find out if needed. Still strong and is a blast to drive. Shifts smoothly through all gears. Small oil leak but haven't had to continuously add oil.

Suspension:
    Stock struts were replaced with a fully adjustable set of Ground Control Street Coilovers. Rides great and tires are also in decent shape. An alignment wouldn't hurt though. Front wheel bearings were recently replaced.

What does it need?
    • It is missing the hood hinge.
    • There is a rip in the carpet in the driver's footwell.
    • Believe it is a wiring issue that I haven't been able to solve, but when headlights are on, right turn signal is lit up on the dash and right rear tail light is also constantly lit. When headlights are not on, the right rear brake light and turn signal blink together
    • Static noise from radio when brake is slightly pressed.
    • Speakers on the right side of the car do not function.

Price: $5,750
    Pics: https://goo.gl/photos/7oLZdw1LiGiSyxc77
    The car is in fantastic shape. Very little modifications here. If I were buying this car I would just fix, or deal with, the above and change the fluids/brakes. It's ready to drive, really. I do have new front rotors, BMW coolant, and a new fan clutch that I will sell with the car. I wish I could hold on to it, but again, I am just unable to give it the love it deserves.

Feel free to call, text or PM. I will answer text messages the quickest. The car is located in Baltimore, Maryland. Thanks for looking.

Omar
    (443) 799-3139
    Last edited by Omar_A; 09-04-2017, 11:12 AM. Reason: Updated Mileage and entered more info.

Bump bump

Comment

bump for lowered price

Comment

Bump

Comment

pretty high price for an m42 vert car looks nice though.

Comment

Originally posted by The30man View Post
            pretty high price for an m42 vert car looks nice though.
            Thanks.

Price reduced.

Comment

Sold.

Thanks.

Comment

Congrats!

I know it's a longshot but could you ask your buyer if they want to trade their black trim on top of the doors/around the convertible top cover for chrome?

I have been trying to find black since I got mine.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                X