No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love my yugo sks because there is basically no recoil and i like the heavy wood feel but it really has a problem feeding hollow points.
    is this pretty common? being in california i can't get a comparable gun. maybe mini 30 but i've heard they suck.

Comment

I've heard of the 223 wylde, thought it was a wildcat cartridge. When you said that you shot 223 out of it, it got me intrigued. Found this little story about it:
      http://fightingsheepdog.com/223-wylde/
      A lot of information can be found online regarding the .223 Wylde chamber…but so can a lot of myths and misinformation! So today, we’ll examine the .223 Wyle chamber and answer a few questions along the way!

To put it simply, a barrel’s chamber determines what type of ammo can be shot through the particular rifle or handgun. In this instance, we’re discussing the .223 Wylde chamber.

It’s important to note that .223 Wylde refers to a chamber in the AR-15 barrel. It is not ammunition. (So you can’t buy .223 Wylde ammo anywhere. Anyone trying to sell you some probably has some swampland in Florida for you, too!)

The .223 Wylde chamber was developed by Bill Wylde, a resident of Illinois. In fact, the .223 Wylde chamber wasn’t Wylde’s first venture into the firearms industry. He’s actually well-known for many other innovative designs. More on him at another date.

Wylde wanted to create a chamber that kept all the accuracy of the .223 cartridge…without all the pressure and reliability issues that the 5.56 was known for.

The result of his mad science-ry was the .223 Wylde chamber, which allows you to shoot either .223 or 5.56.

I’m sure you’re saying, “But any barrel chambered in 5.56 can also shoot .223. That’s not news.”

No, no it’s not. HOWEVER – the .223 Wylde chamber wasn’t developed JUST to shoot either caliber of ammunition. It was developed for ACCURACY. Like “half MOA” kind of accuracy (with the right

In fact, after it’s development, the Canadian military adopted the .223 Wylde chamber in their AR-15s.

In fact, the barrels did so well with the Canadian military, that many Sport Rifle Competitions are held, utilizing the Wylde chamber using 80 grain bullets. And many companies (like Black Rain Ordnance – which we carry here in the store) ONLY sell firearms with the .223 Wylde chambering.

So, if you want accuracy, reliability, dependability, and many other -ilitys, the .223 Wylde chamber is the way to go.

Now, there’s something important to keep in mind.

Just like the .223 Wylde chamber, the 300 AAC chamber is also a mere barrel swap in a 5.56 upper.
      Just like the .223 bullet, the 300AAC also fits in most mil-spec AR-15 magazines.

However, a 300AAC round in a .223 Wylde chambered barrel WILL stovepipe, if not blow up.

PLEASE be sure to clearly mark your magazines and uppers to denote what chambering and load are in each.

Whether you’re looking to get into competitive shooting, or just want better accuracy from your AR-15 for shooting coyotes off your back porch, the .223 Wylde chambering should be the next barrel consideration for your AR!
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

From Brownell's

http://www.brownells.com/GunTech/Bro....htm?lid=16770
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Any Coyote hunters on here? I think it's time to go on the offensive.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            Any Coyote hunters on here? I think it's time to go on the offensive.

We use our 300 Blackout AR on coyotes out here... really just about any small/medium side animals. It is such an awesome caliber, and with the suppressor and subsonic rounds, you can shoot hogs without startling the rest of the herd. It's honestly one of the coolest things to experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
            Originally posted by Northern
            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Yeah I'll be using my 300 SBR with can for them. Thing is when I'm out in the garage late at night I hear them in all directions. Haven't seen any, but I hang out with my dog and the door open so he likes to wander.

Been hearing that Coyotes like to lure dogs out and attack them.
              No E30 Club
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I've shot a few while camping in then middle of nowhere in eastern Washington. The coolest one was with my ak pistol and unintentional. He was about 100 yards out and was aiming for it's chest, but since I couldn't really stabilize the gun I shot him in the side of his head. Fuck it was awesome. I'm trying to get the FIL to go with and bring his Barrett m82.

Too bad I can't shoot them at work, if I could I'd have over 100 to my name. Calling them really shows how smart and stupid they are, you call them in and then spook them and they stop for a couple of seconds leaving you a nivce shot to take

Comment

I found this killer deal on a 6.5 creedmore rifle with a vortex scope and rings. 365 bucks before the 75 mail in rebate. Stupid cheap, I bought 2, one for my nephew and one for me. Guys have pulled .75" groups with it. I'm sure it will feel rough so some polishing and smoothing will do it some good.

Thompson Center: Compass 6.5 Creedmoor with Vortex 4-12x44mm Copperhead Scope for sale at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore.

Comment

I found this killer deal on a 6.5 creedmore rifle with a vortex scope and rings. 365 bucks before the 75 mail in rebate. Stupid cheap, I bought 2, one for my nephew and one for me. Guys have pulled .75" groups with it. I'm sure it will feel rough so some polishing and smoothing will do it some good.

Thompson Center: Compass 6.5 Creedmoor with Vortex 4-12x44mm Copperhead Scope for sale at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore.

Comment

Damn, that sold out quick!

I just bought a Vortex Sparc AR for my SBR 300BO, was wanting an Aimpoint PRO but these Vortex optics have been proving themselves, and at $140 I couldn't resist.

Now I'm just debating on zeroing subs or supersonics for the red Dot and which to zero on the irons....

Planning on hunting Deer with it this year.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

Have any of you guys heard any news on the CMP and the Philippine garands that were supposed to be shipped stateside? They are still sold out on the CMP website. Just wondering on the timing of when they will be up for sale, if at all.

Comment

I thought the O admin crushed and smelted most of those, or am I confusing that with a different repatriation.
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

^ I think that was the case with the 1911's. Not positive though.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              I thought the O admin crushed and smelted most of those, or am I confusing that with a different repatriation.
                              that was the garands and 1911's in South korea

Comment

Finished AR9 #1: 5lb 12-3/4oz w/ RMR or 6lb 1-1/4oz with 4c
                                First day out 1000rds not a single problem after I replaced with the V-Seven bolt catch. The Strike IND has 1.4mm less upward travel and was not catching consistently. Had to bend the LRBHO bar significantly to work with Glock mags, but runs well now.
                                QC 10 Lower
                                2A Armament Balios Lite Upper 15" Balios Lite Rail and Carbine buffer tube
                                Kaw Valley 16" Barrel | Faxon 9mm Gen 2 BCG
                                Blitzkrieg Hydraulic Buffer 2/ 308 Carbine spring | POF 3.5# Straight Trigger
                                V-Seven safety, bolt catch.
                                Trijicon RMR 3.5MOA and Sig Sauer Romeo 4c Red Dot

Comment

Working...
                                X