Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My audio install- Luke box, MS8, 500/5, 10W3v3, and more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
    Fun fun fun. Well, I'm sure Andy will sort you out. I loved my first MS-8 so much that I had to go out and get a second.
    Yeah, I like the idea of how it's supposed to take care of the tuning for you automatically. I hope to get to hear it properly tuned soon. If it works out as well as people say it does, I may get one for the e46 too...

Nürburgring info

Comment

very interested on how well it works out as well... been hearing lots of good feedback on em... just might have to go into parts list. haha

Comment

Yeah, I wanna play with one of those too, but not until I build some of the 10 channel passive crossovers that should be here before summer...hopefully!

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I'm about to give up on JBL. Their customer service sux ballz. I've e-mailed them twice and caledl them multiple times and nothing. The best support I've got from them is one employee who hangs out on diymobileaudio.com. He's been the best help but still hasn't been able to figure out my problem. I'm about to use the MS8 as a wheel chock...:letitout:

Nürburgring info

Comment

Can't you get them to RMA it? It sounds like it's time...
            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
            1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
            Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Can't you get them to RMA it? It sounds like it's time...
              That's what I've been trying to do but they won't reply to any emails. I don't know if they hve their customer service outsourced to some third world country or what...

Nürburgring info

Comment

I finished my headunit install yesterday. Now I just need to order a woofer for my luke box and I'll be in business as well. Looks clean though.

Comment

... your car is nice.

Comment

ust a little update. I got the MS8 tuned pretty good (at least to my ears. BMW e30's have a reputation of having a horrible front soundstage because of the placement of the front speakers in the kick panels. You can really hear the difference when you turn processing on and off from the MS8. The MS8 does it's job and really brings the stage up on the dash, I love it.

But there may be some changes coming to my system soon, if I can ever win that ebay bid... lol.

Nürburgring info

Comment

Got some updates.

I wasn't happy with the amount of rear-fill I was getting off the internal MS8 amp. So I went shopping on ebay for a JL 300/2. This will power the fronts and the 100w section of the JL 500/5 will go to the rears.

Here's a shot from yesterday when I threw the amp in.

I still have to wire it up and figure out where I'm gonna move the MS8. I'll probably put it on the left side of the trunk where I was gonna put the Phatbox. The Phatbox will probably mount to the underside of the rear deck in the trunk.

Gotta clean up the battery install too...

I have no idea what I'm gonna do with this mess. I'm still brainstorming...

Nürburgring info

Comment

maybe throw the ms8 where the stock amp used to be? (if you had premium that is... in the left side of trunk, under all the carpetting...)

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                          ust a little update. I got the MS8 tuned pretty good (at least to my ears. BMW e30's have a reputation of having a horrible front soundstage because of the placement of the front speakers in the kick panels. You can really hear the difference when you turn processing on and off from the MS8. The MS8 does it's job and really brings the stage up on the dash, I love it.

But there may be some changes coming to my system soon, if I can ever win that ebay bid... lol.
                          I'm glad to hear that. I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to do a door speaker install in the M3.
                          2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                          2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                          1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                          1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                          - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                          1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                          1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                          Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad to hear that. I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to do a door speaker install in the M3.
                            Yeah, I was scared I'd have to move the fronts to the doors. But the MS8 really does a good job of getting the soundstage moved and balanced on or above the dash. I love it!:D

Might get one for the e46..:p

Nürburgring info

Comment

So I got the amps re-wired today...

Threw in the cap I've had sitting around while I was at it.

May not do much back there but what the hell... lol

I had all the speaker leads re-connected and then moved on to the MS8 mounting on the left side. But the sky decided to open up and now everything is flooded... Guess I'll try to work more tomorrow...

Nürburgring info

Comment

So I was able to get some work done today. Kinda hard to do here cuz it's been raining like crazy. I did most of the work under an umbrella.

Anyway, got the amp "pretty panel" cut out and mounted.

And I got the MS8 mounted to the left side of the trunk.

The Phatbox is in there temporarily. I have to think of some better way to mount it where it's at. I also have to figure out how to mount the jack better than a bungie chord. There might be some other goodies mounted to the underside of the rear shelf...;)

Here's a few more pics.

And I know, the cap probably aint doin' nuttin back there with the battery so close, but what the hell... lol

I'm also waiting for a friend of mine to make me a custom battery holder. The fuse holder is going to mount to it.

Nürburgring info

Comment

Working...
                                X