No announcement yet.

Camaro Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was the shaft part that goes in to the bearings bigger or smaller then the e30? If they are smaller mcmaster.com has a pretty nice selection of metric brass inserts.

Was the total length of the body and shaft 4" shorter. From what i read on starion forums the body is 2" shorter. My ix inserts are 13' long which are 3" shorter then stock. IIRC. Here a pic of an mr2 rear insert.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Jeg's sells KYB 743019 for $96.99. That's a great price on an adjustable shock!

Comment

The MR2 strut needs a larger bearing. I am trying to use MR2 front inserts btw, I never thought about the rear! You have to use Bearing 6302-2RSJ to make it work. Its about 4" shorter. I didnt find any 51mm strut housings this weekend, will have to wait. I'm going to post up all the info I have later tonight.
        1999 540iA - Daily Driver

Comment

Someone should sticky this for future reference, good info. BTW I don't think the MR2 front inserts would be worthwhile b/c of E30 front weight, but I maybe wrong.
          WTB: Diamond Schwartz Hood

Comment

yeah I totally forgot that the MR2 is rear engine, I'm bringing in a set of rears to test out, will have on monday. I'm actually bringing in inserts from a variety of vehicles to test, most are older Jap cars, ie 510, RX7, 240/280z.

Comment

Yup. Its the rears you want that are 2" shorter instead of 4". Sucks that you can't find strut tubes. Clean rust free 51mm housings are like m10 motors. Literally worth their weigh in scrap metal to most people. But on a plus side looks like they will work perfectly with my camber plates. Just need to remove the insert sleeve.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

you know what is interesting? The listing on the Front strut inserts for a front engine 89 Celica GTS is the same as the front struts on the rear engine MR2.

Comment

How would these compare to billy sports? Would these be a cheap adjustable alternative for use with H&R Race?

Also, what would the P/N be for these?
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

the part number for MR2 shocks:
                    Front 765015 (also the same for an 89 Celica GTS)
                    Rear 765016

I'm going to test out personally the fronts and see how well they work out. I'm only in a lightweight m10 powered 318, but should still be a decent upgrade.
                    Last edited by TG Goose; 11-09-2011, 05:58 PM.

Comment

any update on the front strut experimentation??
                      SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                      IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                      BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

I like this
                        http://youtu.be/aOhYdZfY9QY
                        https://vimeo.com/40801938

Comment

im in need of shorter rear and front shocks. hate having my JOM's blown out + i wanna roll lower.

please update with any info you get
                          -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                          -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                          MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                          Got Drop?? ;-)
                          Originally posted by JinormusJ
                          But of course
                          E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                            How would these compare to billy sports? Would these be a cheap adjustable alternative for use with H&R Race?

Also, what would the P/N be for these?
                            Yea how are those rear shocks.are they nice and stiff? Im personally a fan of bilstein HD's with lowering springs/stiff springs. I love the way they squat in a turn and absorb bumps also. If hope the shocks can get to HD type stiff than these may be a solid adjustable rear option.
                            But again, how much adjustability is there really. Like how does a bumpy road feel on 1 vs 4 vs 8 or whatevwr the numbers on the shock were. low med high
                            m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
                            build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

bump
                              SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                              IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                              BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by rollingking View Post
                                yea how are those rear shocks.are they nice and stiff? Im personally a fan of bilstein hd's with lowering springs/stiff springs. I love the way they squat in a turn and absorb bumps also. If hope the shocks can get to hd type stiff than these may be a solid adjustable rear option.
                                But again, how much adjustability is there really. Like how does a bumpy road feel on 1 vs 4 vs 8 or whatevwr the numbers on the shock were. Low med high
                                +1
                                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Working...
                                X