Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euro Smiley Headlights... Are they supposed to be a really tight fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro Smiley Headlights... Are they supposed to be a really tight fit?

Car originally had the US standard sealed beams.

Just got a pair of Bosch Euro Smiley off of another member here, and I have them all wired up and working - daytime lights and all.

They fit.. but they're a very tight fit. See pictures below. It seems that the back of the headlight pushes up against the plastic covering that separates the headlight area from the rest of the engine bay.

Is this normal?

yes it's normal. Cars that came with projectors stock had different headlight backings that were shaped to allow them to fit.. your options are to get a set of '88/'89 headlight backings or take yours out or just deal with it. I have an '87 and left mine in and it's fine

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I took mine out. Easier access and I don't care all that much.
      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Thanks for the clarification!

What's the downside of completely removing them? More junk/dust getting into the engine bay?

I have them kinda held together in there at the moment, though not quite fully clipped in. Good enough for me as it is I think.. just curious.

Comment

dust/dirt, water when driving through a torrential downpour.. lots of people take them out

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

There's no practical downside.
            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
            X