Lower timing case damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower timing case damage

When attaching the crank holding tool I put the bolts in too far and it scraped the surface of the lower timing cover. Is this still useable or should I get another one?

Real oem says the part number is 1114139646 but I haven't had any luck finding the exact part on ebay etc.

Based on the below it should be interchangeable correct?

11141716246 (06/13/1997 — 07/05/1999), Exchangeable retrospectively
    11141739803 (12/15/1994 — 10/12/1999), Exchangeable retrospectively
    11141247412 (03/18/1993 — 12/14/1994), Exchangeable retrospectively

The reason for my concern is the ones I've found online all have this circular bulge on the left side, otherwise I think it all looks the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cover itself is most likely fine since it does not look like it cracked or anything. The seal is the only item I'd consider replacing, and it looks like you are. The only real load on the cover is ~15PSI when the crankcase is under vacuum at idle / deceleration, and I would not expect it to lead to a failure because of the gouges. Maybe gently file down the rough/sharp spots to remove the possibility of stress concentrations or scratches/leaks on the outside diameter of the seal, but I wouldn't bother replacing the cover if your only concern is functionality. Obviously don't use the file on the inside of the bore where the seal goes, and it should seal up fine.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Thanks appreciate it. I was thinking of the same idea just wasn't sure if it would suffice.

Comment

Working...
      X